Desert Fossil is a type of block found in the Underground Desert biome in medium to large veins. Desert Fossils can be used with an Extractinator to produce Sturdy Fossils, along regular Extractinator drops.
On Desktop and Mobile, Desert Fossil can be mined with a Copper Pickaxe or equivalent/higher mining level, or with explosives. However, adjacent fossil blocks have a chance to crumble away and drop nothing. On Console, mining it requires either a Nightmare or Deathbringer Pickaxe or higher.
Breaking[edit | edit source]
- On the Desktop version and Mobile version, Desert Fossils will occasionally break adjacent tiles when they are mined (either while being broken, or once broken).
- By default, there is a 1/15 chance for a block in any of the 8 surrounding tiles to be destroyed. Of these 8 tiles, if any of them has no block below, they will have a 1/4 chance to be destroyed. The tick the original fossil is broken, the block above also has a 25% chance to break.
- To get as many fossils as possible, players should try to mine horizontally from top to bottom and avoid creating holes, which can otherwise spread quickly.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Extractinator items[edit | edit source]
Desert Fossils produce more Amber than Silt or Slush do. There is a
0.06*1/1666 (0.06%) chance that an Amber Mosquito (Baby Dinosaur pet) will be produced (the odds are 0.02*1/5000 (0.02%) for Silt and Slush).
|Platinum Coin||0.0066%||1–11||1.2758||0.08 (8)|
|Gold Coin||0.0915%||1–100||10.3345||9.46 (946)|
|Silver Coin||1.2178%||1–100||17.7839||216.57 (217)|
|Copper Coin||57.7876%||1–100||26.892||15540.24 (155)|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Desert Fossils appear highlighted under the effects of a Spelunker Potion. This does not apply to the Switch version.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As explosives break Desert Fossil instantly, early-game players may want to use them instead, to prevent weaker pickaxes from damaging the surrounding Desert Fossil during mining.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.