Desert Fossil is a type of block found in the Underground Desert biome in medium to large groupings. Mining it requires either a Nightmare or Deathbringer Pickaxe or higher, but unlike most similar materials, it cannot be removed with explosions.
Desert Fossils can be used with an Extractinator to produce Sturdy Fossils, along with the normal Extractinator drops. Desert Fossils produce more Amber than Silt or Slush do. There is a 1/1666 (.06%) chance that an Amber Mosquito (Baby Dinosaur pet) will be produced (the odds are 1/5000 (.02%) for Silt and Slush).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Beating the Eater of Worlds or the Brain of Cthulhu to get the Nightmare or Deathbringer Pickaxe is not necessary, as the Reaver Shark can be obtained early by fishing in the ocean.
- While the Extractinator is pretty much the only thing you can do with Desert Fossils (even the matching wall is unimplemented), the Sturdy Fossils they turn into can be used for a few weapons and an armor set. Neither block is directly salable.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.