Desert Tiger Staff
|Use time||36 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons a white tiger to fight for you|
- Desert Tiger (tier 1),
- Desert Tiger (tier 2),
- Desert Tiger (tier 3)
The Desert Tiger Staff is a post-Plantera summon weapon. It summons a Desert Tiger that quickly pounces toward nearby enemies and deals contact damage. It can pounce in quick succession and is capable of passing through blocks to reach enemies. The Desert Tiger Staff can always be found inside the Dungeon's Desert Chest, which can only be unlocked by a Desert Key after Plantera has been defeated.
The Desert Tiger Staff is special in that if summoned more than once, multiple tigers do not spawn – instead, the spawned tiger becomes stronger and faster for each additional summon. The tiger will appear as a baby if summoned 1 to 3 times, an adult if summoned 4 to 6 times, and an armored adult if summoned 7 to 9 times. Other minions may be used in addition to the Desert Tiger.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Desert Tiger Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although classified as a ground melee minion, it can still attack aerial enemies because of its pouncing ability.
- Only the initial pouncing attack triggers the Spectre armor set bonus.
- The tiger will pounce at enemies instantly once it is summoned; re-summoning the tiger will allow it to pounce repeatedly.
- Tigers dyed with Critter Shampoo will not show the effects of the dye while pouncing.
- The reforge cost of this weapon is disproportionately high compared to other summon weapons.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.