Developer items are vanity items, wings, dyes, and other items, that were made for particular members of Terraria's development staff.
A random set of developer items can rarely (1/20 or 5% chance) drop from a Hardmode boss' Treasure Bag in an Expert mode world.
- All Developer's Wings have a flight time of 2.5 seconds.
- Some of the coloration on Arkhalis's set depends on the colour of the player's clothing.
- On the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and , developer items are versionunobtainable legitimately, and can only be obtained via glitches or exploits. On the mobile version, any developer items in the player's possession will vanish upon exiting the world.
- Any existing Sparkly Wings in a player's inventory are replaced by Cenx's Wings upon loading the game.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Removed non-developer killing effect when worn in all modes.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Removed non-developer killing effect when worn in Expert mode.
- Now obtainable from Treasure Bags as a rare drop.
- Added Loki's, Yoraiz0r's, Lazure's and Skiph's armor sets.
- Red's wings no longer have infinite flight.
- Changed tooltip from "You shouldn't have this" to "Great for impersonating devs!"