|Environment||The Corruption • Underground Corruption|
|AI Type||Worm AI|
|Max Life||100 / 200 (220)|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
Devourers are large Worms that spawn in The Corruption, though they are uncommon compared to the abundant Eater of Souls. Like other Worms, including the Eater of Worlds and The Destroyer, they attack by burrowing through tiles to reach the player.
Segments[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Devourers will not spawn if the player is standing in front housing walls.
- Only hitting the head of the Devourer will display their kill count, although killing them will always add to it.
- Additionally, the Devourer Banner will only affect damage taken and dealt by the Devourer's head.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Obtaining the Ball O' Hurt is a good option for players who have trouble with killing Devourers.
- The easiest way to kill a Devourer for very new players is to dodge and use Wooden Boomerang or any other ranged/Flail type weapon.
- Spears also tend to rid a player of worm type enemies very easily.
- A distinctive burrowing sound can be heard when a Devourer is approaching.
- Also, you can see small dirt particles springing up where the worm is.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.1: All segments now share a life counter, instead of individual life counters for all segments. Previously Head, Body and Tail had 40, 60 and 100 health, respectively.
- Desktop 1.0.5: No longer chases players out of the corruption.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.