From Terraria Wiki
|Environment||The Corruption – Underground Corruption|
|AI Type||Worm AI|
|Max Life||100 / 200 (220)|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
Segments[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Devourers will not spawn if the player is standing in front housing walls.
- Only hitting the head of the Devourer will display their kill count, although killing them will always add to it.
- Additionally, the Devourer Banner will only affect damage taken and dealt by the Devourer's head.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Obtaining the Ball O' Hurt is a good option for players who have trouble with killing Devourers.
- The easiest way to kill a Devourer for very new players is to dodge and use Wooden Boomerang or any other ranged/Flail type weapon.
- Spears also tend to rid a player of worm type enemies very easily.
- A distinctive burrowing sound can be heard when a Devourer is approaching.
- Also, you can see small dirt particles springing up where the worm is.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.1: All segments now share a life counter, instead of individual life counters for all segments. Previously Head, Body and Tail had 40, 60 and 100 health, respectively.
- Desktop 1.0.5: No longer chases players out of the corruption.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.