Check out my dirt blocks; they are extra dirty.
- In all cases, the grass applies to the block as a whole, and will appear on all exposed surfaces.
- If a grass block is covered by blocks on its four sides, the grass will remain and show as markings on the block. However, if the block is completely surrounded with eight blocks, the grass is lost and the block will revert to regular dirt.
Dirt occurs naturally almost everywhere throughout the world. All caves above the elevation of 0 ft are made of dirt. Below 0 ft, in the underground layer, the caves are made of roughly 50% dirt. Small patches of dirt can be found in the cavern layer, though it is mostly made of stone.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Dirt Blocks are one of the most fragile blocks in the game. A single hit from most pickaxes will successfully mine them, but Dirt Blocks with any kind of grass on them will take an additional hit.
- In Hardmode, the evil biomes are capable of converting nearby Mud Blocks to Dirt Blocks, and Chlorophyte Ore is capable of doing the reverse.
- Dirt Blocks can be moved around freely with a Dirt Rod.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Dirt Blocks are without doubt the most accessible block type to new players, making them useful for building a rudimentary shelter to take refuge during the first night.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In some of his quotes, the Merchant claims to sell dirt, despite not actually selling it.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Inventory sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Now "blends" graphically with mud.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.