|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Use time||25 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||A small explosion that will spread dirt|
- Dirt Bomb
The Dirt Bomb is an explosive that, when thrown, will explode after 3 seconds like a regular Bomb. However, instead of destroying tiles, it will place Dirt Blocks in open spaces within a small radius. Existing blocks within the explosion radius will remain unaffected. It can be combined with Gel to create a Sticky Dirt Bomb.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If thrown onto a player, dirt will not generate in the blocks occupied by the player.
- The bomb can deal damage if the player is standing directly on it. In this case, it will deal regular Bomb damage and not create dirt.
- The bomb can yield more dirt than the 25 required to craft it, up to 57 blocks if it explodes in mid-air, or 56 if it is suspended off the ground by only a single block. This can be used to create an infinite supply of dirt, which can be crafted into mud, which can be used to create infinite Chlorophyte Ore, something that was impossible prior to 126.96.36.199.
- If the Bomb is used during the Old One's Army event, it will still spawn dirt but the enemies will walk over the blocks.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Dirt Bomb is useful for quickly filling in holes left by explosions or mining, as well as creating hills or filling in a large area quickly. This is especially noteworthy with Meteorite crash sites – depending on the size of the meteorite, one can remove all of the ore and 40–60 bombs will be enough to completely repair the impact damage.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed a bug where it would not produce dirt when exploding on half-slabs.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.