|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Magically moves dirt|
- Dirt Ball
The Dirt Rod is a unique tool that is used solely to move Dirt Blocks around in the player's world, as the tooltip suggests. Unlike the use of ordinary mining tools and block placement, the Dirt Rod has essentially unlimited range, limited only by the game's screen size. The Dirt Rod can be purchased from the Dryad for 5 , or 20 .
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Triggering traps: The Dirt Rod allows you to trigger a trap from long range by removing a dirt block, instead of having to mine the blocks from close range.
- Cavern exploration: Players can wall themselves in from danger and rearrange the area. This may include walling off passages and bridging Lava pools.
- Fluid systems: Open or seal 'pipes' for Obsidian production.
- It loses some of its usefulness once the Mechanic is found, as Mechanisms generally offer a more sophisticated method of constructing traps and fluid systems.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Dirt Rod has an internal Knockback stat of 5 (Average). However, this is never utilized in-game as this tool cannot deal damage.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Buy price decreased from 20 to 5 and can now move through tiles when held.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed bug where you couldn't pick up crimson grass and hallowed grass with dirt rod. Fixed bug where dirt rod ball shakes erratically in water.
- Desktop 1.2: Mana cost removed (did cost 5).
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.