- Internal Item ID: 854
The Discount Card is a Hardmode accessory that, when equipped, causes item prices in NPC inventories to be discounted by 20%. The discount also applies to Reforge costs. It has a 1/2000 chance (0.05%) to be dropped by Pirates during Pirate Invasions (but not from Parrots). It also has a 1% chance (1/100) to be dropped by the Flying Dutchman.
The card must be equipped before talking to an NPC in order to trigger discounts.
The Discount Card does not affect:
- Sell prices (when selling items to NPCs).
- Items repurchased after selling them (e.g. Selling a Titan Glove for 2 will still cost 2 to take back).
- Items sold by the Tavernkeep for Defender Medals, like his sentry summon weapons.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This item is quite rare. It takes an average of 16-17 complete Pirate Invasions before it drops.
- The 20% off discount does not stack with the Greedy Ring's 20% off discount.
- Un-equipping the Discount Card while with an NPC's shop window open will not cancel the discount until the shop window is closed. However, this does not apply to Reforging; un-equipping the Discount Card or its upgrades will instantly affect reforge prices.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Sprite updated.
- Now used in crafting the Greedy Ring.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.