- Internal Item ID: 854
The Discount Card is a rare Hardmode accessory that, when equipped, causes item prices in NPC inventories to be discounted by 20%. The discount also applies to reforge costs. It has a 1/2000 chance (0.05%) to be dropped by pirates (except Parrots) during Pirate Invasions. It also has a 1% chance (1/100) to be dropped by the Flying Dutchman.
The card must be equipped before talking to an NPC in order to trigger discounts.
The Discount Card does not affect the following:
- Sell prices (when selling items to NPCs).
- Items repurchased after selling them will still cost the same (e.g. selling a Titan Glove for
20000*2 will still cost 20000*2 to take back).
- Items sold by the Tavernkeep for Defender Medals, like his sentry summon weapons.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This item is quite rare. It takes an average of 16-17 complete Pirate Invasions before it drops.
- The discount does not stack with the Greedy Ring's discount.
- Un-equipping the Discount Card while with an NPC's shop window open will not cancel the discount until the shop window is closed. However, this does not apply to reforging; un-equipping the Discount Card or its upgrades will instantly affect reforge prices.
- The effect of the discount card multiplicatively stacks with the effects of NPC happiness, effectively allowing the player to buy items at up to 40% off.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Farming Lucky Coin/Discount Card/Coin Ring is most efficient from Flying Dutchman, rather than from common pirates. After getting event progress to 50%, you can ensure 10 Flying Dutchmen per event by getting high enough above ground (using small platform or flying mount), but not too high, so that spawned enemies will be in "Active Rectangle" and will despawn after 12.5 seconds, and then spawn again. Until Flying Dutchman eventually (usually it takes a short time) will spawn. After killing him, repeat the process till event ends. Parrots could reach you this way too, but you can kill them safely, they do not count towards event progress.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed a bug that allowed the player to swap out the Discount Card when shopping but keep the same prices.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.