|Tooltip||Grants the ability to swim|
Greatly extends underwater breathing
- Internal Item ID: 394
The Diving Gear is an accessory which allows the user to swim and breathe underwater for an extended amount of time. It combines the functionality of the Flipper and Diving Helmet. Apart from combining the two effects into a single accessory, it does not have other unique properties.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like all diving equipment, the Diving Gear prolongs the underwater breath to 1 minute and 33.33 seconds or, while holding the Breathing Reed, to 3 minutes and 6.67 seconds. In addition, the rate at which health is lost while drowning is reduced to 1/4 or 1/8, respectively. While it is possible to equip multiple pieces of diving equipment, doing so does not cause them to stack.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Diving Gear is one of the few items that combine a piece of armor (Diving Helmet) with an accessory (Flipper). This allows equipping a complete armor set, which usually grants a set bonus, without having to go without the single piece's functionality.
- Note that while the Diving Helmet, one of the ingredients, grants +2 defense, the Diving Gear does not grant any. Contrary to the Diving Helmet, however, the Diving Gear may gain modifiers, being an accessory, potentially granting a +4 defense bonus if obtaining the Warding modifier.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Increased the breath capacity bonus by 50%.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now be combined with the Jellyfish Necklace to make Jellyfish Diving Gear.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.