|Tooltip||Greatly extends underwater breathing|
|Internal Item ID: 268|
The Diving Helmet is an armor piece for the helmet slot. It has a 2% (1/50) chance of being dropped by Sharks. When equipped, it causes the Breath Meter to deplete much slower, allowing the player to last approximately a minute and a half before it runs out. It will also slow the damage caused by drowning.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The effect stacks with the Breathing Reed, allowing one to stay underwater for three minutes as well as further reducing suffocation damage.
- Since sharks and orcas have moderate health and damage, the diving helmet may be difficult to obtain if the player is not prepared or has weak armor and/or weapons.
- An efficient way to farm this item is to wait for a Blood Moon and have a stack of Battle Potions and a stack of Gills Potions or Neptune's Shell, a Celestial Shell or a Moon Shell.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.1.1: Now works properly.
- 1.1: Lost its ability to extend underwater breathing.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.