|Body slot||Social Pants|
|Tooltip||Grants slow fall in exchange for your feet|
Djinn's Curse is a Hardmode vanity item that can be equipped in the "pants" slot. It visually replaces the player's feet with a genie-like effect, similar to the Desert Spirit's appearance. It has a 1/30 (3.3%) chance of dropping from Desert Spirits.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While running with the Hermes Boots or any other boots, it will instead use the Spectre Boots' flying sound effect.
- This item and the Featherfall Potion are the only items that can prevent fall damage while the Stoned debuff is active.
- Due to programming limitations, Djinn's Curse does not appear on Mannequins like it does on players; instead, it is shown as a pair of purple pants:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Djinn, jinn, or genies are creatures from Arabian mythology that were the basis of stories about genies who grant wishes. As many genie stories involve the granting of a selfish wish at some horrible unforeseen expense, Djinn's Curse refers to the player being granted the ability to float, at the expense of having to sacrifice their feet (and potentially, defense from armor pieces), which is reflected in the tooltip.
- The Djinn's Curse is labeled in-game as a "vanity item", despite having a functional effect when worn in the main armor slot.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed mannequin display.
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 22.214.171.124.