Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark. Don't forget to save your changes!

Dragon armor

From Terraria Wiki
(Redirected from Dragon Breastplate)
Jump to: navigation, search
Console versionOld-gen console versionMobile version3DS version Console/Old-gen console/Mobile/3DS-Only Content: This information applies only to the Console, Old-gen console, Mobile, and 3DS versions of Terraria.
Dragon armor
  • Dragon armor item sprite
  • Dragon armor equipped (female)
Set Bonus23% increased melee and movement speed
RarityRarity Level: 5
Buy / Sell2 Platinum Coin 25 Gold Coin (set) / 45 Gold Coin (set)

Dragon armor is a top tier Hardmode (Old-gen console versionMobile Version3DS version) melee armor. It consists of a Dragon Mask, Dragon Breastplate and Dragon Greaves.

On the Old-gen console version Old-gen console version, Mobile version Mobile version, and 3DS version 3DS version, a full set grants 60 defense, 20% increased melee damage, 25% increased critical strike chance, 40% increased melee speed and 35% increased movement speed, but on the Console version Console version, the set is vanity. If the full set is visible, the player will have an afterimage, similar to Necro armor.

Each separate piece of Dragon armor has an 11% chance to be dropped by Ocram, or can otherwise be crafted. On the Console version Console version, the set can only be occasionally sold by the Traveling Merchant.

Set[edit | edit source]

Information.svg Note: The stat bonuses are exclusive to Old-gen console version Old-gen console, Mobile version Mobile, and 3DS version3DS.
Dragon Mask
  • Dragon Mask item sprite
Stack digit 1.png
Bonus15% increased melee speed and damage
15% increased critical strike chance
Body slotHelmet
Sell10 Gold Coin
Dragon Breastplate
  • Dragon Breastplate item sprite
Stack digit 1.png
Bonus10% increased critical strike chance
5% increased melee damage
Body slotShirt
Sell20 Gold Coin
Dragon Greaves
  • Dragon Greaves item sprite
Bonus12% increased movement speed
2% increased melee speed
Body slotPants
Sell15 Gold Coin

Crafting[edit | edit source]

Recipe[edit | edit source]

Notes[edit | edit source]

  • Old-gen console version3DS version Unlike Mobile version Mobile, Old-gen console version Old-gen console and 3DS version3DS users will require a world with Cobalt and Mythril. If the player's world has Palladium/Orichalcum instead of Cobalt/Mythril, the player will either have to make a new world, or fish for Crates (creating a new world may be quicker than fishing for crates). You can also farm Ocram as he will rarely drop each armor piece.
  • Mobile Version On mobile, any of the pieces of armor required for crafting can be swapped out for their tier equivalent (Palladium for Colbalt, Orichalcum for Mythril, and Titanium for Adamantite).Verify
  • Despite the stats saying the critical hit rate are 15% for the mask and 10% for the breastplate, they are in fact 10% and 5% respectively. This means a full set only provides a total of 15% increase in critical hit rate rather than the listed 25%.
  • Dragon Armor can be considered a 1-up to the Shadow Scale armor set.

Tips[edit | edit source]

  • Dragon armor is one of the best melee armor sets in the game, however it is outclassed by armor such as Beetle armor or Turtle armor in certain aspects, so this armor can be regarded as a situational item.
  • Though it is a very effective melee set, the Turtle armor provides an extra 5 defense points, is easier to obtain, and the Thorns set bonus, which returns all of the damage taken by melee attacks back to the attacker.
  • If you are willing to forgo the set bonus, the Beetle Scale Mail offers 8% increased melee damage and critical strike chance, and 6% increased movement and melee speed (with a positive change in defense), though is harder to obtain.

See also[edit | edit source]

History[edit | edit source]

  • Console 1.09: Dragon armor can now be crafted with Titanium armor pieces.
  • Console 1.02:
    • Titan, Spectral and Dragon armor now require fewer ingredients.
    • Sprite updated. Formerly was a recolor of Jungle armor: Dragon armor (old).png
  • Xbox Patch (May 1, 2013): Will no longer appear in gold chests in worlds generated after the patch.