The Cursed Skull (and the Dragon Skull on Old-gen console, Mobile, and ) is a flying enemy found only in the Dungeon. It is similar to the Meteor Head, with high damage, slow speed, and the ability to travel through tiles. It floats slowly towards the player, occasionally stopping to float in a circle around them for a while, before suddenly lunging forward to attack, similar to the Eye of Cthulhu. When striking a player, the Cursed Skull has a small chance to apply the Cursed debuff. This renders the player unable to use items, including Weapons, Potions, and Grappling Hooks, making it very difficult to avoid further damage.
Cursed Skulls are immune to the Poisoned, On Fire!, Venom, Shadowflame, Confused, and Cursed Inferno debuffs. They are much more likely to appear in Dungeon areas where there are Brick Walls.
- Cursed Skulls can be attacked through walls with melee weapons. Weapons with long range like Spears work well. This may, however, result in drops being trapped inside of the wall beyond the player's reach.
- Cursed Skulls and Dragon Skulls can, rather rarely, drop more than 3/6 Bones when defeated.
- It is best to farm them for the Nazar since they spawn more often than the few other enemies that drop the Nazar. It is also best to do this before Hardmode to save time farming for the other ingredients for the Ankh Shield.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Doesn't make a splash sound when hitting water now.
- Can now pass through walls.
- Life increased from 30 to 40, damage increased from 25 to 35, defense decreased from 30 to 6.
- Name changed from Burning Skull to Cursed Skull.
- Sprite modified, flaming animation removed.