The Snatcher is an enemy found in the surface Jungle, and is nearly identical in appearance and behavior to the Underground Jungle's Man Eater. Snatchers spawn anchored to blocks, with an extendable stem topped by a pincher. The stem itself is a passive component and can be walked through safely without incurring damage; only the pincher inflicts or takes damage.
Differences from Man Eaters[edit | edit source]
- The Snatcher's body color is a green vine, as opposed to the brown/pinkish vine of the Man Eater's. The "head" of a Man Eater also has a red tinge along the jaw.
- Snatchers do not drop Vines or Ancient Cobalt armor, whereas Man Eaters do.
- Snatchers can extend their stems only about half as far as Man Eaters.
- Snatchers spawn in surface Jungle biomes as opposed to Underground Jungle biomes. Man Eaters begin spawning between 700 to 1,000 feet below 0 depth, depending on the world size.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Mining the block that a Snatcher is rooted on kills it instantly; however, this method of dispatching a Snatcher never yields any dropped items.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When lit on fire with weapons such as the Sunfury, their erratic movement patterns may cause them to reveal hidden caves with their light.
- Players should be cautious in the Jungle, as a hidden Snatcher can catch them by surprise. Although they are weaker than Man Eaters, they should not be underestimated.
- Caution should be advised even when the player seems to be out of the Snatcher's reach, as they can extend their stems and thus improve their reach rapidly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Snatchers and Man Eaters are remotely reminiscent of Plantera's Hooks.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Life reduced from 100 to 60.
- Snatchers are now drawn above tiles rather than behind them.
- AI changed: they now extend their stems at random, rather than when the player is moving rapidly.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- They now pass through blocks.
- Now immune to knockback.
- No longer extend their stems when struck.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed Dragon Snatcher. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed Dragon Snatcher. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Removed Dragon Snatcher.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.