On the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and , a full set grants 65 defense, 20% increased melee damage, 15% increased critical strike chance, 40% increased melee speed and 35% increased movement speed, but on the version Console version, the set is vanity. If the full set is visible, the player will have an afterimage, similar to Necro armor.
Set[edit | edit source]
|Note: The stat bonuses are exclusive to Old-gen console, Mobile, and .|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike Mobile, Old-gen console and 3DS users will require a world with Cobalt and Mythril. If the player's world has Palladium/Orichalcum instead of Cobalt/Mythril, the player will either have to make a new world, or fish for Crates (creating a new world may be quicker than fishing for crates). You can also farm Ocram, as he will rarely drop each armor piece.
- On mobile, any of the pieces of armor required for crafting can be swapped out for their tier equivalent (Palladium for Colbalt, Orichalcum for Mythril, and Titanium for Adamantite).
- Despite the stats saying the critical hit rate are 15% for the mask and 10% for the breastplate, they are in fact 10% and 5% respectively. This means a full set only provides a total of 15% increase in critical hit rate rather than the listed 25%.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Dragon armor is one of the best melee armor sets in the game, however it is outclassed by armor such as Beetle armor or Turtle armor in certain aspects, so this armor can be regarded as a situational item.
- Though it is a very effective melee set, the Turtle armor provides an extra 5 defense points, is easier to obtain, and the Thorns set bonus, which returns all of the damage taken by melee attacks back to the attacker.
- If you are willing to forgo the set bonus, the Beetle Scale Mail offers 8% increased melee damage and critical strike chance, and 6% increased movement and melee speed (with a positive change in defense), though is harder to obtain.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Titan armor, the ranged console/mobile/3DS armor.
- Spectral armor, the magic console/mobile/3DS armor.
History[edit | edit source]
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now vanity, only obtainable from the Traveling Merchant. ()
- Console 1.09: Dragon armor can now be crafted with Titanium armor pieces.
- Console 1.02:
- Titan, Spectral and Dragon armor now require fewer ingredients.
- Sprite updated. Formerly was a recolor of Jungle armor:
- Xbox Patch (May 1, 2013): Will no longer appear in gold chests in worlds generated after the patch.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11964 Easter Update: Dragon armor can now be crafted with Palladium, Orichalcum, or Titanium armor pieces.
- Mobile 1.2.7901: Armor defense total reduced from 77 to 60.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Sprite updated to match Console 1.02.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.