Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Use time||25 Fast|
|Tooltip||'Not to be confused with a picksaw'|
Its best modifier is Godly.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
total: 1 row(s)
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to its rapid attack speed, high damage and low knockback, it can serve as a melee weapon for low-end close-range targets.
- Finding the Drax in a Shadow Chest will give the player a significant mining advantage, as it can mine all pre-Plantera blocks, at which point the Picksaw is needed. It makes killing mechanical bosses much easier, as the player will have access to Chlorophyte gear and Turtle armor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Drax" is a portmanteau of the words "drill" and "axe", because it can perform the actions of both.
- It was originally called "Hamdrax", a portmanteau of the words "hammer", "drill", and "axe", and had 85% hammer power. Its hammer ability was removed in 1.2 when hammers were given the ability to create slopes and half-blocks, which would conflict with its mining functionality. In addition, players often complained that they would accidentally remove background walls when building using the Hamdrax. Currently, no other item (with the exception of the Drill Containment Unit) combines the abilities of a hammer and a pickaxe, presumably for these very reasons.
- The original tooltip was "Not to be confused with a hamsaw". Although the Hamsaw (presumably a portmanteau of the words "hammer" and "chainsaw") was never added to the game, the Picksaw referenced in the current tooltip was added in 1.2.
- Unlike most drills, the Drax has a minimal amount of knockback.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Removed Hammer capabilities due to issues surrounding the breaking of furniture and walls simultaneously.
- Renamed to "Drax".
- Tooltip changed to 'Not to be confused with a picksaw' (was 'Not to be confused with a hamsaw').
- Now only takes Hallowed Bars to craft. The old recipe required: one of each: Adamantite Chainsaw, Adamantite Drill, Cobalt Chainsaw, Cobalt Drill, Mythril Chainsaw, Mythril Drill, plus 5 of each: Soul of Fright, Soul of Might and Soul of Sight.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced as Hamdrax.