|Use time||24 Fast|
|Tooltip||'Not to be confused with a picksaw'|
- Internal Item ID: 579
The Drax is a Hardmode ( ) / pre-Hardmode ( ) tool that is the alternative to the Pickaxe Axe. Appearances and sounds aside, the two tools are functionally identical, but the Pickaxe Axe is half a second faster than the Drax, just like every Hardmode Drill/Pickaxe. Unlike most drills, the Drax has a minimal amount of knockback. Like the Pickaxe Axe, its power is sufficient to mine any block except Lihzahrd Bricks.
Its best modifier is Godly.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to its rapid attack speed, high damage and low knockback, it can serve as a melee weapon for low-end close-range targets.
- Finding the Drax in a Shadow Chest will give the player a significant mining advantage, as it can mine all pre-Plantera blocks, at which point the Picksaw is needed. It makes killing Mechanical Bosses much easier, as the player will have access to Chlorophyte gear and Turtle armor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Drax" is a portmanteau of the words drill and axe, because it can perform the actions of both.
- It was originally called the Hamdrax, a portmanteau of the words hammer, drill and axe, and had 85% hammer power. Its hammer ability was removed in 1.2 when hammers were given the ability to create slopes and half-blocks, which would conflict with its mining functionality. In addition, players often complained that they would accidentally remove background walls when building using the Hamdrax. As of version 1.2, with the exception of the Drill Containment Unit, no item combines the abilities of a hammer and a pickaxe, presumably for these very reasons.
- The original tooltip was “Not to be confused with a hamsaw.” Although the Hamsaw (presumably a portmanteau of the words Hammer and Chainsaw) was never added to the game, the Picksaw referenced in the current tooltip was added in 1.2.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Removed Hammer capabilities due to issues surrounding the breaking of furniture and walls simultaneously.
- Re-named to "Drax".
- Tooltip changed to 'Not to be confused with a picksaw' (was 'Not to be confused with a hamsaw').
- Now only takes Hallowed Bars to craft. The old recipe required: one of each: Adamantite Chainsaw, Adamantite Drill, Cobalt Chainsaw, Cobalt Drill, Mythril Chainsaw, Mythril Drill, plus 5 of each: Soul of Fright, Soul of Might and Soul of Sight.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced as Hamdrax.