|Dimensions||3 wide × 2 high|
|Use time||14 Very Fast|
- Internal Tile ID: 88
The Dresser is a piece of decorative furniture and, on the Desktop version and Console version, a Storage item. It will also fulfill a House's "flat surface item" requirement, and a Bottle can be placed on it to function as a crafting station for Potions. Most of the dressers are only available to the Desktop version and Console version. Currently there are 32 varieties of dresser, 27 craftable and 5 noncraftable versions which must be looted from various locations in the world.
Utility[edit | edit source]
|Desktop/Console-Only Content: This information applies only to the Desktop and Console versions of Terraria.|
Right-clicking the top half of a Dresser opens it like a Chest, with the same amount of storage space and ability to be renamed. The normal tooltip for this function is a small Dresser icon, but a chosen name applies to both halves of the Dresser and will replace the top tooltip as it would with a Chest.
The bottom half of a Dresser can be right-clicked to open a prompt that allows the player to recolor their default clothing, represented by a small shirt icon. This interface contains separate hue, saturation, and lightness settings for each of four character body sections: torso, sleeves, pants, and footwear. Clothes can be changed repeatedly and limitlessly at no cost. This coloration only applies to the player's default clothing; in order to recolor Armor, Accessories or Vanity items, Dyes must be used instead. This interface can be used to change one's default clothing between the options available at character creation by clicking on the character in the tall box.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Noncraftable Dressers[edit | edit source]
|Found in a Blue Dungeon.|
|Found in a Green Dungeon.|
|Found in a Pink Dungeon.|
|Found in Ruined houses, does not break from lava.|
|Dropped by Pirates.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even though the item sprites have six drawers, the real furnitures (as seen above and at right) have mixed amounts of drawers.
- This item can also be used to change the color of the Collector's Edition Bunny Pet (by changing the Shirt color).
- Dressers provide the equivalent of a chest, but require no iron. This can be useful if no iron is handy when you need someplace to stash extra items.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Crystal, Dynasty, Frozen and Living Wood Dressers implemented.
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Now you are able to change style of the clothing.
- Golden Dresser's sprite updated.
- Added Crystal, Dynasty, Frozen and Living Wood Dressers, but unimplemented.
- Console 1.08: Can now change clothes at a dresser.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Meteorite, Granite, Marble and Martian Dressers added.
- Now functions as a storage item.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Pumpkin Dressers now properly take Pumpkins to craft. Spooky Wood Dresser is now obtainable.
- Desktop 1.2.4:
- Blue Dungeon, Green Dungeon, Pink Dungeon, Golden, Obsidian, Bone, Cactus, Skyware, Honey, Lihzahrd, Palm Wood, Mushroom, Boreal Wood, Slime, Pumpkin, Steampunk, Glass and Flesh Dressers added.
- Dressers, Pianos and Tables no longer emit particles when struck - you're not breaking them.
- Ebonwood, Shadewood, Rich Mahogany and Pearlwood Dressers sprites are updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Can now change clothes at the dresser.
- Desktop 1.2: Added other wood variations of dresser.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.