- Internal Tile ID: 88
The Dresser is a piece of decorative furniture and a storage item. It will also fulfill a house's "flat surface item" requirement, and a Bottle can be placed on top of it to function as a crafting station for potions.
Currently, there are 32 different types of dressers; 27 craftable and 5 noncraftable versions which must be looted from various locations in the world.
Utility[edit | edit source]
Hovering over the top half of a dresser displays a small dresser icon (or, if it was renamed, its name). Pressing the ⚷ Open / Activate button there opens the dresser like a chest, with the same amount of storage space and ability to be renamed.
Hovering over the bottom half of a dresser displays a small shirt icon (or, if it was renamed, its name in front of the shirt icon). Pressing the ⚷ Open / Activate button there opens a prompt that allows the player to recolor their default clothing. This interface contains separate hue, saturation, and lightness settings for each of four character body sections: torso, sleeves, pants, and footwear. The coloration only applies to the player's default clothing; in order to recolor armor, accessories or vanity items, dyes must be used instead. Clothes can be changed repeatedly and limitlessly at no cost. This interface can be used to change one's default clothing between the options available at character creation by clicking on the character in the tall box.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Noncraftable Dressers[edit | edit source]
|Found in a Blue Dungeon.|
|Found in a Green Dungeon.|
|Found in a Pink Dungeon.|
|Found in Ruined houses, does not break from lava.|
|Dropped by pirates.|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since the color of the Bunny Pet is tied to the shirt color, a dresser can be used to recolor the Bunny as well.
- Dressers provide the equivalent of a chest, but require no Iron/Lead for crafting, a resource which can often be scarce early on.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Even though the item sprites have six drawers, the real furnitures (as seen above and at right) have mixed amounts of drawers.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Crystal, Dynasty, Frozen and Living Wood Dressers implemented.
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Now you are able to change style of the clothing.
- Golden Dresser sprite updated.
- Added Crystal, Dynasty, Frozen and Living Wood Dressers, but unimplemented.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Added Meteorite, Granite, Marble and Martian Dressers.
- Now functions as a storage item.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Pumpkin Dressers now properly take Pumpkins to craft.
- Spooky Wood Dresser is now obtainable.
- Desktop 1.2.4:
- Added 18 dressers: Blue Dungeon, Green Dungeon, Pink Dungeon, Bone, Boreal Wood, Cactus, Flesh, Glass, Golden, Honey, Lihzahrd, Mushroom, Obsidian, Palm Wood, Pumpkin, Skyware, Slime, and Steampunk Dressers.
- Dressers, Pianos and Tables no longer emit particles when struck - you're not breaking them.
- Ebonwood, Shadewood, Rich Mahogany and Pearlwood Dressers sprites are updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Can now change clothes at the dresser.
- Desktop 1.2: Added Rich Mahogany, Pearlwood, Shadewood, and Ebonwood Dressers.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Introduced.
- Console 1.08: Can now change clothes at a Dresser.
- Console 1.07: Added Desktop 1.2.4 & 220.127.116.11 content.
- Console 1.02: Added Desktop 1.2 content.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Added Desktop 1.2.4 & 18.104.22.168 content. Cannot change clothes at a Dresser.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Added Desktop 1.2 content.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced Dresser and wood variants (Rich Mahogany, Pearlwood, Shadewood, and Ebonwood).