From Terraria Wiki
Drills are a Hardmode alternative to pickaxes. A Cobalt Drill/Palladium Drill is required to mine Mythril Ore/Orichalcum Ore, and a Mythril Drill/Orichalcum Drill is required to mine Adamantite Ore/Titanium Ore.
Types[edit | edit source]
Effectiveness[edit | edit source]
|Pickaxe hits required to destroy blocks|
| Gray Brick
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike a pickaxe, whose animation (swinging around the player) will be the same no matter where the player "aims" it, a drill will follow the cursor. Although more realistic, this detail may cause digging to become slightly harder because the cursor is nearly always obscured by the drill head.
- Drills also have a small chance to stall or even fail to start up, but they can easily be restarted by clicking/pressing the button again. Verify
- Drills may mine slightly slower than pickaxes because they are not affected by melee-speed modifiers. Players who want to maximize mining speed should avoid using drills, because the benefits provided by melee speed enhancements apply only to pickaxes.
- However, clicking "resets" the digging process, so clicking rapidly on a stronger block (such as Adamantite) can mine far quicker than a pickaxe with no modifiers, albeit with a little more effort.
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Added Laser Drill, dropped from Martian Saucer.
- Drills are no longer materials.
- Each drill now has a pickaxe equivalent, for those who don't like drills.
- 1.1: Introduced.