Liquid Bombs are explosive-class items which place or remove liquids instead of solid blocks when exploding. In Desktop version, there are four liquid bombs currently implemented: Dry Bomb, Wet Bomb, Lava Bomb, and Honey Bomb.
When a liquid bomb is used, it will be tossed onto the ground and explode after a 3-second fuse, applying its special effect (see below). If, however, the bomb touches any liquid, it will immediately explode and apply its effects. All liquid bombs deal damage to nearby players, enemies, and critters.
Wet Bombs are obtainable by opening Obsidian or Hellstone Crates found by fishing in lava. If the player is carrying a Wet Bomb, the Demolitionist will sell them for
2500*25. Purchasing more Wet Bombs will allow the player to craft the other variants (see Crafting for details). The Demolitionist will also sell the other 3 types of bombs if the player is carrying them.
- The Dry Bomb deletes all liquids in a small area when it explodes.
- The Wet Bomb places Water in a small area when it explodes.
- The Lava Bomb places Lava in a small area when it explodes.
- The Honey Bomb places Honey in a small area when it explodes.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tossing any liquid bomb while already submerged in a liquid will cause it to explode instantly, damaging the player.
- Players should always keep at least one of any liquid bomb in storage. If every existing liquid bomb in a world is used up, the player will need to fish up Obsidian/Hellstone Crates until they find another Wet Bomb.
- The Wet Bomb, strangely, is not named "Water Bomb", even though its counterparts share the name of the liquids they spread.
- In Hardmode, the Cyborg will sell Dry Rockets, used to craft (the rest of) a similar set of Liquid Rockets.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Wet Bomb (demo).gif
Tossing a Wet Bomb
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Fixed an issue where fluid bombs could destroy tiles they should not.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.