Whenever you defeat an enemy with more than 100 health points in the Hardmode post-Plantera Dungeon there is a 6.67% (1/15) chance of a Dungeon Spirit spawning. Statue spawned enemies will never spawn Dungeon Spirits on the Desktop version and Console version.
On the Mobile version, after Plantera's defeat, any enemy, regardless of health, has a 1 in 13 chance of spawning a Dungeon Spirit.
Dungeon Spirits are immune to all debuffs.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you have an active Wisp in a Bottle, the Dungeon Spirit may blend in and be mistaken as the Wisp, as they look very similar. Dyeing the Wisp is an effective way around this without dismissing the light pet.
- In Expert mode , all enemies have double health and all pre-Hardmode enemies receive a further health bonus when in Hardmode. Because of this, all enemies in the Dungeon that can be killed can spawn Dungeon Spirits, except for Cursed Skulls.
- Note that if a Dark Caster spawns, and you destroy the Water Bolt it fires, that projectile counts as a Dungeon enemy and can spawn a Dungeon Spirit right on top of you.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- An easy way to farm Dungeon Spirits is to find or place a Water Candle in a large room that has many tunnels leading into it and use the Piranha Gun on enemies, because when an enemy is killed and a Dungeon Spirit spawns, the piranha will bounce onto it.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Spawn chance increased. No longer spawns from Statue-spawned enemies.
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Spawn chance reduced.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Spawn chance reduced, max Ectoplasm dropped reduced from 3 to 2.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.