|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||9 summon tag damage|
Your summons will focus struck enemies
Strike enemies to gain attack speed
|Buff tooltip||Melee speed is increased|
The Durendal is a Hardmode whip crafted from Hallowed Bars. If the whip continuously strikes an enemy, its attack speed will noticeably increase (by 35%) for a short time. This bonus will continue to occur even if the player switches to another whip or melee weapon because of the Durendal's Blessing buff.
Its best modifier is Legendary, despite it being a summon weapon.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item's name is in reference to a historical sword of the same name, wielded by the paladin Roland of Charlemagne's court.
- Although the icon looks like a sword, this weapon is a whip of substantial length. When used, the blade separates into many segments connected to the handle by a red wire or rope.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Range increased.
- Damage penalty for each additional target hit per swing reduced from 30% to 20%.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced.