Eater of Souls
Eater of Souls
|Damage|| 18 / 37 (66) (small)|
22 / 44 (78) (medium)
25 / 50 (89) (large)
|Max Life|| 34 / 68 (149) (small)|
40 / 80 (176) (medium)
45 / 91 (202) (large)
|Defense|| 6 (small)|
|KB Resist|| 43% / 48% (small)|
50% / 55% (medium)
58% / 62% (large)
|Coins|| 76 (small)|
1 3 (large)
|Internal NPC ID: 6|
- This article is about the common monster. For the boss, see Eater of Worlds.
The Eater of Souls is a flying enemy found prominently in The Corruption. They are the Corruption counterpart to the Crimson's Crimera. Eaters spawn from both Ebonstone and Corrupt Grass, with large groups coming from Chasms. They circle the player at a distance before periodically rushing in. There are three size variants, each with corresponding amounts of health, defense, and damage.
The Eater of Souls is the primary reason that newer players will want to avoid The Corruption prior to becoming more familiar with game combat, and acquiring more powerful Weapons and Defenses. Eaters have relatively high defense and health points, cause significant damage on contact, and usually attack in swarms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In Expert mode, Eaters of Souls will fly towards the player with greater precision, spending much less time circling around them.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Chasms can be sealed off with blocks of any type, which will trap its Eater swarms below and thin out the numbers you need to deal with at once. Note that Eaters may continue to spawn from the surrounding corrupted dirt, though to a lesser degree.
- Eater of Souls may look weak when only one appears, but they can be found in groups of around ten, so you should be careful.
- A good weapon to use is an Enchanted Boomerang, killing one in 2-4 hits. Plus, it can hit and knock them far away with no ammo.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The small-size Eater used to be called a Little Eater, the large-size was called a Big Eater, and the medium-size was called the Eater of Souls.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- 126.96.36.199: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Big and little variants no longer named but share the name "Eater of Souls".
- Now has a chance to drop pieces of Ancient Shadow Armor.
- Variants Little Eater and Big Eater introduced.
- May no longer enter water and doesn't make a splash sound when hitting water.
- AI changed: Now surround players before charging in.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.