Trying to get past that ebonrock, eh? Why not introduce it to one of these explosives!
Ebonstone is a block type found in The Corruption. Before Hardmode, it is most prominent in the lining of Chasms. It requires at least a Nightmare Pickaxe or explosives (except grenades) to mine (this can be bypassed by using Purification Powder to turn Ebonstone to normal Stone, which is mineable with any pickaxe). Deathweed can grow on it.
Ebonstone is the Corruption version of Stone (similar to Crimstone in The Crimson, or Pearlstone in The Hallow). As with Crimstone, Ebonstone can be converted into ordinary Stone via Purification Powder or Green Solution used by the Clentaminator.
In Hardmode, the spread of Corruption converts ordinary Stone blocks into Ebonstone. Ebonstone itself also spreads Corruption to susceptible blocks nearby.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name 'Ebonstone' means 'black stone', from the word 'ebon', meaning 'black.'
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit was raised from 250 to 999.
- Item and tiles image changed.
- Desktop 1.1: Can now be destroyed with bombs, not just dynamite.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.