Ebonstone is a block type found in The Corruption. Before Hardmode, it is most prominent in the lining of Chasms. It requires at least a Nightmare Pickaxe or explosives (except grenades) to mine (this can be bypassed by using Purification Powder to turn Ebonstone to normal Stone, which is mineable with any pickaxe). Deathweed can grow on it.
Ebonstone is the Corruption version of Stone (similar to Crimstone in The Crimson, or Pearlstone in The Hallow). As with Crimstone, Ebonstone can be converted into ordinary Stone via Purification Powder or Green Solution used by the Clentaminator.
In Hardmode, the spread of Corruption converts ordinary Stone blocks into Ebonstone. Ebonstone itself also spreads Corruption to susceptible blocks nearby.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Corrupt Torch (3)||By Hand|
|Demonite Brick (5)||Furnace|
|Lesion Block||Meat Grinder|
|Corrupt Growth Wall (4) ( )||Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
|Corrupt Mass Wall (4) ( )|
|Corrupt Pustule Wall (4) ( )|
|Corrupt Tendril Wall (4) ( )|
|Ebonstone Wall (4) ( )|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name 'Ebonstone' means 'black stone', from the word 'ebon', meaning 'black.'
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced multiple new recipes:
- Can be combined with a Torch to craft a Corrupt Torch.
- Can craft multiple Corrupt walls, including the Corrupt Growth Wall, Corrupt Mass Wall, Corrupt Pustule Wall, Corrupt Tendril Wall, and Ebonstone Wall, at a Work Bench near Ecto Mist.
- Two Ebonstone can be crafted into a Lesion Block at a Meat Grinder.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Desktop 1.1:
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.