We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
From Terraria Wiki
Ectoplasm is a Hardmode post-Plantera material dropped from the Dungeon Spirit in the Dungeon. Dungeon Spirits drop 1-3 Ectoplasm upon death. It is used by Console and Mobile players to directly craft the Spectre armor and tools. In the Desktop version, players use Ectoplasm to craft Spectre Bars, which in turn are used to craft Spectre armor and tools.
In the Console and Mobile version, the player needs to acquire 136 Ectoplasm and 126 Chlorophyte Bars to craft all Spectre equipment including the tools, wings, armor and both forms of headgear.
Console and Mobile Version[edit | edit source]
- Due to the difficulty of the Dungeon in hardmode, Hallowed Armor or higher is recommended when farming Ectoplasm. It may take multiple trips to acquire enough for all items.
- Ectoplasm is a very good source of cash, as each piece of ectoplasm is worth 50 .
- If you have enough spare Souls of Flight, it may be desirable to craft Ghost Wings instead of simply selling the ectoplasm, as each set of wings is worth 8 , while the components are worth 5 40 . If you're lucky, the wings might even get a modifier, making them sell for more. (Console/Mobile only, as Spectre Wings' components will sell for 10 40 )
- For all of the components of the Spectre armor set you will need 66 Ectoplasm.
- Ectoplasm is a fictitious ethereal substance appearing in games, movies, and books that ghosts, phantoms, and other entities leave in the mortal realm, usually when destroyed.