|Type||Weapon • Crafting material|
|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
- Enchanted Boomerang
The Enchanted Boomerang is a Boomerang that can be fired rapidly, has medium range, and releases light particles during use. Like all Boomerangs, it inflicts melee damage, so melee-boosting Accessories and Armor bonuses will benefit it. It is found rarely in naturally-occurring Gold Chests.
The Enchanted Boomerang operates at range without using any Mana, and knocks enemies back much further than most other weapons. Like most other Boomerangs, it returns to the user after reaching its maximum distance, or after colliding with an object.
Its best modifier is Godly. Boomerangs can only have universal prefixes, because they can't have their speed modified.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Its range decreases in liquids.
- While in flight, it releases sparks that travel through walls, making it handy for cave exploration.
- At 20 blocks away from a wall facing angles facing right or left (10 degrees allowance(?)), boomerangs can be thrown through Blocks and Doors.
- On the mobile version, throwing the boomerang in the air and then killing yourself from fall damage will make the boomerang go in an infinite loop until you respawn.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Enchanted Boomerang is highly effective and powerful for early- to mid-game players.
- The Enchanted Boomerang can be useful for damaging multiple enemies at once from a distance. One can aim just above the enemies so that it flies over their heads, then move away in the opposite direction. The Boomerang will sweep downwards for its return, striking through all enemies. This will also knock the enemies away from you, despite the direction the Boomerang is traveling at the time. This technique works with all Boomerang-type weapons.
- Although the player must wait for the boomerang to return before being able to throw it again, the actual use time of the enchanted boomerang is 1/6th of a second, meaning that the rate of fire is simply the time it takes the boomerang to hit something and return. This means that against crowds of slow-moving enemies, like a horde of 5 or more zombies, you actually significantly increase your damage potential if you get up close to enemies so that the boomerang returns (and you can throw it again) at a much faster rate. The fact that it has such a high knockback rating will keep you safe against most melee enemies even while you charge them.
- If you happen to miss with the boomerang and enemies are coming into melee range, the low use time is helpful again, because you can simply change to a new weapon before the boomerang returns. Since the boomerang might take about 5 seconds to travel to the edge of the screen and back, missing a shot in open terrain makes having a sword as a backup weapon advisable.
- This weapon is also very effective against the Eye of Cthulhu as when it gets close you can rapidly spam the boomerang and get a lot of hit points off in minimal time.
- If standing far enough the boomerang will go through walls.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It looks like the Link's boomerang from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- The Enchanted Sword is very similar to this weapon in terms of name and appearance.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.1: Now listed as melee.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.