|Placeable||(2 wide × 3 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Allows time to fast forward one day per week|
The Enchanted Sundial is a Hardmode furniture item that can be placed. Pressing the ⚷ Open / Activate button on it will advance time to sunrise (4:30 AM) the following day. It has a 7-day cooldown period, so once used, it will not be useable again until 7 in-game days (2 hours and 48 minutes in real time) have passed normally. The Enchanted Sundial is obtained from fished Pearlwood or Wooden (1/200 or 0.5% chance each), Mythril or Iron, (1/60 or 1.67% chance each), and Titanium or Golden (1/20 or 5% chance each) Crates.
The Enchanted Sundial does not turn the time to the next day immediately. It instead "fast-forwards" time, causing it to pass more quickly than usual.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Its 7-day cooldown is shared between all Enchanted Sundials in the current world, so a second Sundial cannot be used to circumvent it.
- The chances of invasions and other events are calculated as if the time actually passed.
- In multiplayer, the Sundial will only count a cooldown day passing if there are players online when the in-game day changes.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Enchanted Sundial has a few noteworthy uses:
- On the Desktop version, it is also possible to speed up time by sleeping in a Bed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Enchanted Sundial shares its color palette and architectural theme with much of the Skyware furniture set, though there is no direct correlation between the two.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed an issue where Enchanted Sundial would cause heavy FPS drops.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed a bug where speeding time up with an Enchanted Sundial would make some unusual visual effects.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced with sprite from Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced with sprite from Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.