|Placeable||2 wide × 3 high|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Allows time to fast forward one day per week|
The Enchanted Sundial is a Hardmode furniture item that can be placed and right-clicked to advance time to 4:30 a.m. (sunrise) the following day. It has a 7-day cooldown period, so once used, it will not be useable again until 7 in-game days (2 hours, 48 minutes in real time) have passed normally. The Enchanted Sundial is obtained from fished Wooden (0.5%, or 1 in 200, chance), Iron (1.67%, or 1 in 60, chance), or Golden (5%, or 1 in 20, chance) Crates in a Hardmode world.
The Enchanted Sundial does not turn the time to the next day immediately. It instead "fast-forwards" time, much more quickly than usual.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Its 7-day cooldown is shared between all Enchanted Sundials in the current world, so a second Sundial cannot be used to circumvent it.
- The chances of invasions and other events are calculated as if the time actually passed.
- In multiplayer, the Sundial will only count a cooldown day passing if there are players online when the in-game day changes.
- Using the Enchanted Sundial to accelerate time will affect the Tax Collector, giving a rapid boost in collected money.
- The Enchanted Sundial can be used to skip the cooldown for Angler quests or to skip a Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse.
- The Enchanted Sundial shares its color palette and architectural theme with much of the Skyware Furniture set, though there is no direct correlation between the two.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.