Enchanted Sword (NPC)
- This article is about the enemy. For the weapon of the same name, see Enchanted Sword (item).
The Enchanted Sword is a Hardmode enemy which spawns in the Underground Hallow. It hovers and spins before lunging at the player, traveling through any blocks to reach them. Any knockback dealt to it disrupts its attack, forcing it to pause and spin again. It can inflict the Cursed debuff.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like most other enemies with the ability to pass through tiles, Enchanted Swords are unable to spawn if the player is standing in front of valid housing walls.
- Like most other Hallow enemies, Enchanted Swords can only spawn on top of Hallowed grass, Pearlstone, Pearlsand, or Pink Ice. They can do so even if the player is not specifically in a Hallow biome, however, much like the Chaos Elemental, the player must have moved recently for them to spawn (PC only)
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Arkhalis is an excellent weapon to deal with this enemy, as even a single hit forces to recharge its spin. In effect, the Arkhalis can act as a shield surrounding the player, completely impassable by the Enchanted Sword.
- The enchanted sword can pass through blocks, however they can be hit through blocks by melee weapons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Enchanted Sword shares the same sprite as Excalibur, minus the blue glow. Both were introduced in the 1.1 update, during which Excalibur was the strongest sword in the game.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.