Enchanted Sword (item)
|Use time||21 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots an enchanted sword beam|
- Enchanted Beam
|End of projectile|
Sword in Stone
|A junk (left) and enchanted (right) sword in stone, which has a chance to drop the Enchanted Sword.|
The Enchanted Sword is a pre-Hardmode, autoswinging projectile sword. When swung, it fires a sword-shaped projectile that costs no ammunition or mana. Both the sword and its projectiles produce lingering sparks that emit large amounts of light. The projectiles can be fired roughly every 1-2 seconds, and dissipates upon hitting an enemy or solid block.
The Enchanted Sword can be obtained by destroying the background object of an enchanted sword in stone, with a 98% / 90% chance. Otherwise, the stone will drop a Terragrim / Arkhalis . An Enchanted Sword Shrine will always include one, and more can be found placed in random locations underground. On the Desktop version and Mobile version, they also have a 2% chance to be found in Golden Crates and Titanium Crates.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A small particle effect and the mana recharge "blip" will notify the player when the sword beam's cooldown is over and it is ready to fire again.
- There is a small possibility that all of the shrines in the world contain fake swords which would force the player to fish for Golden or Titanium Crates to obtain one.
- On the Desktop version and Mobile version, Enchanted Sword Shrines will no longer have a "fake" background tile, and will always drop either an Enchanted Sword or a Terragrim. This does not go with tiles spawned in other places.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If found early on, the Enchanted Sword can be a powerful early-game weapon, outclassing many pre-Hardmode melee weapons due to its decent damage and projectile.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The concept of a sword being stuck in stone originates from the 13th-century poem Merlin by Robert de Boron, in which King Arthur was the only person able to pull a sword from its resting place in a stone. Similar themes have since appeared in other media. The action-adventure video game franchise The Legend of Zelda features a sword that must be pulled from a pedestal, and one real sword to find amongst fakes.
- It can be considered a counterpart to the Enchanted Boomerang.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Enchanted Sword Shrine, the place where most Enchanted Swords are obtained from.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Sprite updated.
- Now used to craft the Zenith.
- Damage decreased from 24 to 23.
- Use Time increased from 18 to 21.
- Knockback decreased from 5.25 to 4.25.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Added auto-swing, buffed stats.
- Now can be found within its own unique mini-biome (previously only found in random nondescript locations).
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Added changes from Desktop 18.104.22.168.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Added changes from Desktop 126.96.36.199.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]