Enchanted Sword (item)
|Use time||17 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots an enchanted beam|
|Internal Item ID: 989|
| Breakable Background|
|Fake (left), real (right)|
- This article is about the sword item. For the enemy of the same name, see Enchanted Sword (NPC).
The Enchanted Sword is an extremely rare sword. It autoswings and fires a sword projectile that costs no ammunition or mana. Both the sword and its projectiles produce lingering sparks that emit large amounts of light. The projectiles can fire roughly every 1-2 seconds.
The Enchanted Sword is found in the form of small Underground background objects, shown in the above picture. On the Desktop version and Console version, the Enchanted Sword is most likely to be found in an Underground Enchanted Sword Shrine land formation that has a chance of generating on world creation. Enchanted Swords may also be found in other random Underground locations as well, though they are still very rare, and will not necessarily be present in all generated worlds.
If found early on, it can be an incredibly powerful early-game weapon, vastly outclassing all pre-hardmode melee weapons. Due to its projectile, some would even argue that it is the best pre-hardmode sword in the game.
Rarely, upon destruction of the background object, this weapon is replaced with the Arkhalis, another very rare weapon.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The concept of a sword being stuck in stone originates from the 13th century poem Merlin by Robert de Boron, in which King Arthur was the only person able to pull a sword, Excalibur, from its resting place in a stone. Similar themes have since appeared in other media.
- The design bears strong resemblance to that of the Enchanted Boomerang, along with their similar names.
- The design bears strong resemblance to the Master Sword wielded by Link in The Legend of Zelda Series, including the blue blade and hilt, and it fires a sword-shaped projectile much like Link's sword does in most Legend of Zelda games.
- On top of that, in the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, there is a stage in the game in which you retrieve the Master Sword from its pedestal, similar to obtaining the Enchanted Sword from the stone. There is even a possibility of finding a fake Master Sword, much like in Terraria.
- Like the Enchanted Boomerang, the Enchanted Sword has an ice counterpart, the Ice Blade, which also has a projectile but does less damage.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Added auto-swing, buffed stats.
- Now can be found within its own unique mini-biome (previously only found in random nondescript locations).
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Sword Projectiles||• • • • •|
|Other Projectiles||• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Projectile Only||• • • •|