Enchanted Sword Shrine
|Fake (left), real (right)|
An Enchanted Sword Shrine is a terrain feature that houses a breakable background sword sprite. The sprite has a 2/3 chance of being a fake sword, and a 1/3 chance of being a real sword. Real sword sprites then have a 9/10 chance of dropping the Enchanted Sword, and a 1/10 chance of dropping the Arkhalis.
There will always be 1 Shrine in small worlds, 3 Shrines in medium worlds, and 4 Shrines in large worlds. They can generate below any biome that has a surface layer made of dirt and stone, at least 20% of the map width away from the world's center, and either in the Surface or Underground layer.
A Shrine is marked by a long, 1 block wide vertical shaft that may reach the surface, and features a small hill with Flower Walls and pools of water on either side. The breakable sword sprite rests atop the hill.
In a medium or large world, the shrines are likely to be found at very similar depths. Upon finding one, dig horizontally starting below the midway point of the shrine's vertical shaft. This way, an easily found shrine serves as a guide to locate the other obscured ones.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Vertical shaft cutting through a Living Tree.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The shaft can go all the way to the surface, making it very easy to notice.
- The shaft can even go to all the way to the top of a Living Tree.
- The shrine itself can occasionally spawn on the surface, without a shaft.
- While Enchanted Sword Shrines are currently only on the desktop and console version, Enchanted Swords can still appear scattered throughout the world in all versions.
- Assuming it doesn't breach the surface through the ground, the top of the shaft rarely spawns more than 10 blocks under the ground.
- The shrine itself can generate partially, or completely corrupted/crimson. However, at least part of the shaft will always be dirt and uncorrupted grass.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If you shoot the Meteor Staff at the ground, its glowing particles can reveal the vertical shaft down to the Enchanted Sword Shrines. The Solar Eruption and Flying Dragon can be used in the same way.
- Shrines typically spawn on the outer 2/3's of the map, so a good way to find them is to begin searching from the ocean to spawn. This way you'll save time in case one does happen to be farther away from spawn.
- The particles caused by a Dark Lance or Jester's Arrow can be used to spot a shaft for pre-Hardmode players.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()