|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
- Twilight Lance
The Eventide is a Hardmode bow that auto-fires five streams of colorful rainbows if wooden arrows are used as ammunition. One of the five shots fired by the bow does double the original damage. Each stream can pierce up to four enemies and can be spread out by moving the cursor while firing. The Eventide has a
25*1/4 (25%) chance of being dropped by the Empress of Light.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using an arrow other than Wooden Arrows fires one rainbow streak (does double damage) and four of the arrow type used.
- The rainbow streak projectiles travel at a quicker rate compared to regular arrows and have a limited range. Using a Magic Quiver or any of its upgrades will further boost its velocity.
- Much like the bullets of the Xenopopper, the rainbow streaks fired from this bow will focus on where the cursor is. Thus, when fired when the cursor is close to the player, it will fire in a spread, similar to a shotgun. When firing at a line of multiple enemies, it is recommended to point the cursor farther away from the player, to maintain accuracy.
- The rainbow streaks can damage enemies on the other side of one block thick walls, provided that the player isn't too close to the wall.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The rainbow streak fired will still do double the original damage if arrows other than wooden are used. However, most arrows are affected by gravity and fall under different trajectory than the rainbow projectile, making long range fights less effective. It is recommended to use an Endless Quiver to get the maximum potential out of this weapon.
- The rainbow stream fired from Eventide is very effective against projectile-reflecting enemies, such as Selenian and Dreadnautilus, as it bypasses their reflective protection.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As the weapons that the Empress of Light drops are based on her attacks, the Eventide seems to be based off of her Ethereal Lance.
- The projectiles fired from the Eventide look like actual rainbow swords if you take a closer look.
- Its piercing capability and the fact that one shot deals double damage makes it near-equal to the Tsunami in power.
- Eventide is Old English for "evening time".
- Like the Last Prism, the Eventide has secret color themes for developers and beta testers. This is triggered by using a specific set of character names:
List of names Name Color(s) Acamaeda Green/Yellow/Red Alchemystics Red/Pink/Purple Anythesis Light Blue/Black Aurora3500 Purple/Blue/Green Cenx Pink/Green Criddle Yellow/Orange Crowno Purple Darthkitten Red/White darthmorf Red/Black Doylee Red/Pink/Blue Ghostar White/Blue/Black Grox The Great Light Blue/Green Jaxrud Green/Yellow Jenosis Yellow/Red/Pink Kazzymodus Green/Black Khaios Dark Green/Black Lazure Red/Pink/Blue Leinfors Purple Loki Red/Black ManaUser Blue/Green Mid White/Red/Black Nike Leon Orange/Red ppowersteef Yellow/Red RBrandon Dark Orange Redigit Blue Serenity Pink/White Sigma Yellow/Red Unit One Blue/Yellow Vulpes Inculta Purple Waze3174 Red/Yellow/Green Xman101 Orange/Black Yoraizor Pink Zoomo Purple
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Introduced.