|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
- Twilight Lance
The Eventide is a Hardmode bow that auto-fires five streams of colorful rainbows if wooden arrows are used as ammunition. One of the five shots fired by the bow does double the original damage. Each stream can pierce up to four enemies and can be spread out by moving the cursor while firing. The Eventide has a 1/4 (25%) chance of being dropped by the Empress of Light.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using an arrow other than Wooden Arrows fires one rainbow streak (does double damage) and four of the arrow type used.
- The rainbow streak projectiles travel at a quicker rate compared to regular arrows and have a limited range. Using a Magic Quiver or any of its upgrades will further boost its velocity.
- Much like the bullets of the Xenopopper, the rainbow streaks fired from this bow will focus on where the cursor is. Thus, when fired when the cursor is close to the player, it will fire in a spread, similar to a shotgun. When firing at a line of multiple enemies, it is recommended to point the cursor farther away from the player, to maintain accuracy.
- The rainbow streaks can damage enemies on the other side of one block thick walls, provided that the player isn't too close to the wall.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The rainbow streak fired will still do double the original damage if arrows other than wooden are used. However, most arrows are affected by gravity and fall under different trajectory than the rainbow projectile, making long range fights less effective.
- The rainbow stream fired from Eventide is very effective against projectile-reflecting enemies, such as Selenian and Dreadnautilus, as it bypasses their reflective protection.
- Use an Endless Quiver to get the maximum potential out of this weapon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As the weapons that the Empress of Light drops are based on her attacks, the Eventide seems to be based off of her Ethereal Lance.
- The projectiles fired from the Eventide look like actual rainbow swords if you take a closer look.
- Like the Last Prism, the Eventide has secret colors themes for developers and beta testers. This is triggered by using a specific set of character names, the known colors are listed as follows (case sensitive): Redigit (Purple), Cenx (Pink/Green), Loki (Red/Black), Yoraiz0r (Pink), Crowno (Purple), Lazure (Pink/Blue), Leinfors (Purple), Ghostar (White/Blue), Khaios (Green/Black), and darthmorf (Red/Black).
- Its piercing capability and the fact that one shot deals double damage makes it near-equal to the Tsunami in power, even though the Tsunami can be obtained earlier in the game.
- Eventide is Old English for "evening time".
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.