|Type||Weapon • Crafting material|
|Damage||57 / 47 Melee|
|Use time||25 Fast|
- Internal Item ID: 368
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
total: 1 row(s)
Used in[edit | edit source]
total: 2 row(s)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The player is unable to turn while swinging Excalibur, similar to the War Axe of the Night and The Breaker.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Excalibur can be swung while walking backwards, which is useful for knocking back enemies during retreat.
- Selling the Hallowed Bars is 4.17% more profitable than selling Excalibur, as 12 Hallowed Bars net
48000*4 80 while the Excalibur nets 46000*4 60 .
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to patch 1.2, the Excalibur was the strongest sword in the game.
- Excalibur is the mythical sword of King Arthur from Arthurian legends. While some sources conflate Excalibur with the "Sword In The Stone" by which Arthur proved his kingship, more reliable sources have them as two separate swords. (Excalibur is later given to Arthur by the Lady In The Lake.) In Terraria, the Sword In The Stone is separately represented by the Enchanted Sword item.
- The Enchanted Sword enemy shares the Excalibur's sprite design.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Damage increased from 47 to 57.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.