|Damage||57 / 47 Melee|
|Use time||24 Fast|
- Internal Item ID: 368
The Excalibur is a Hardmode sword crafted solely using Hallowed bars, and comes out to be stronger than all the six initial Hardmode Ore swords. Like all Hallowed melee weapons, it emits a good deal of its own light with a sparkle effect when swung. It is capable of autoswing.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The player is unable to turn while swinging Excalibur, similar to the War Axe of the Night and The Breaker. This can be useful because you can walk while swinging backwards.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Selling the Hallowed Bars is more profitable than selling Excalibur.
- The Excalibur is a very good early/mid Hardmode weapon, as it does a fair amount of damage once acquired. Its lack of range limits its use against bosses, however.
- Because of the 47 to 57 damage upgrade, reforging to Ruthless can get you up to 70 damage, though the lowered knockback may be an annoyance.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before 1.2, it was the strongest sword in the game.
- Excalibur is the mythical sword of King Arthur from Arthurian legends. While some sources conflate Excalibur with the "Sword In The Stone" by which Arthur proved his kingship, more reliable sources have them as two separate swords. (Excalibur is later given to Arthur by the Lady In The Lake.) In Terraria, the Sword In The Stone is separately represented by the Enchanted Sword item. (Wikipedia, another source.)
- The Enchanted Sword enemy shares the Excalibur's sprite design.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Damage increased from 47 to 57.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.