Explosive Trap sentry summons
The Explosive Trap Rod, Cane, and Staff are special sentry summon weapons that summon an Explosive Trap sentry minion at the point clicked. Each Explosive Trap sentry is a small device on the ground that explodes when an enemy comes in close proximity. It does not disappear upon exploding, but remains at its summon point to explode repeatedly until its time is exhausted or the Old One's Army event ends. The Rod is sold by the Tavernkeep for 5 Defender Medals, the Cane for 25, and the Staff for 100.
The Rod is always available. The Cane becomes available after defeating one Mechanical Boss, and the Staff becomes available after defeating Golem. The three different versions cause an identical effect, but with varying statistics, with the Staff being the most expensive and the most powerful.
These weapons can only be used outside of the Old One's Army event after the event has been successfully completed. Completing the event on any difficulty allows Rods, Canes, and Staves alike to be used outside of the event.
During the Old One's Army event, Etherian Mana can be collected, which allows the placement of multiple Explosive Traps that remain permanently until the event is over. Etherian Mana cannot be used outside the event.
Explosive Trap sentries are boosted by the Huntress armor and Red Riding armor set bonuses, which cause their explosions to 'oil' enemies. Oiled enemies take 2 more damage over time from the On Fire!, Cursed Inferno, Frostburn, or Shadowflame Debuffs. However, this extra damage does not stack.
Its best Modifier is Demonic, as it does not have any knockback, and thus cannot get modifiers that affect it.
Tiers[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Completing the Old One's Army event on any difficulty sets a hidden attribute for both the world it was completed on and the character who completed it. Any characters, including newly made ones, who visit that world may then use Rods, Canes, and Staves on any world. The character who completed the event may also use Rods, Canes, and Staves on any world.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Explosive trap fires instantly after its attack cooldown ends. This also means it will attack instantly on being summoned. Rapid summoning will dramatically increase its natural firing rate at the cost of high mana consumption. This style of usage can be effective against mobs that are too powerful to die to a single shot, and can be useful in boss fights as long as there are suitable placement options. To maximize this effect, this sentry can be set directly on an enemy that is near the ground.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Explosive Trap at Dungeon Defenders 2 Wiki.
- Flameburst sentry summons
- Lightning Aura sentry summons
- Ballista sentry summons
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.