Explosives are a placeable, consumable Mechanism that can be triggered using wiring. Triggering them causes a large explosion that covers a radius of ten tiles (up to 314 blocks total), destroying most placed blocks and items (except for explosion-proof items), and inflicting around 500 damage to entities — meaning they can kill or very severely damage even players with endgame maxed-out health capacity and minimal defense and no other damage-reducing buffs or accessories.
Natural Explosive traps wired to Pressure Plates or Detonators can be found rarely underground, usually next to a vein of ores. Explosives can also be crafted.
- Explosives cannot be placed on top of each other. However, other blocks can be placed on them, and more Explosives can be placed on those.
- Multiple Explosives triggered at once on the same enemy will not stack damage.
- Explosives can destroy most placed objects, including coins.
- Prior to 22.214.171.124, if a player is killed by an Explosives trap they detonate, they will not lose their coins.
- An Explosives block within the blast radius of another will not be activated, therefore chain reactions cannot be created with Explosives. Rather, the second Explosives will simply drop, as with other blocks.
- Explosives which have been actuated (via Actuation Rod or TEdit) will still explode upon signal.
- Explosives appear to resemble TNT.
- The death message, when killed by naturally spawned explosives, will read that they were killed by their own explosives.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Dying to Explosives should now handle mass item drops more efficiently and will preserve item drops in Mediumcore.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed a bug where Explosives counted as PVP damage, resulting in Coins not dropping when you were killed by them.