“Explosives are da' bomb these days. Buy some now!
Explosives are a type of consumable weapon. Explosive devices are thrown from stacks in the player's inventory, after which there is a short delay before they explode. This detonation causes area-effect damage, as well as destroying Blocks, Walls, and other placeable objects within the radius of an explosion. Only a small number of objects are resistant to these explosions.
Explosives deal a set amount of damage which cannot be altered by any bonuses, unlike the great majority of weapons.
List of Explosives[edit | edit source]
|Bomb||100||Fast||5||It bounces and rolls, making it hard to aim with it.|
|Sticky Bomb||100||Fast||5||Sticks to tiles on contact, allowing more precise control.|
|Bouncy Bomb||100||Fast||5||Bounces off surfaces, making control more difficult.|
|Bomb Fish||100||Fast||5||Sticks to tiles on contact, allowing more precise control.|
|Scarab Bomb||100||Fast||5||Sticks to tiles on contact, shaped charge makes narrow, tunnel-like explosion pointing away from the player.|
|Dirt Bomb||100||Fast||5||Creates dirt instead of exploding, only dealing damage (and not creating dirt) if the player is right on top of it. Does not destroy preexisting blocks unlike other explosives.|
|Sticky Dirt Bomb||100||Fast||5||Same as the Dirt Bomb, except it sticks to tiles on contact, allowing more precise control.|
|Dynamite||250||Very slow||7||Bounces and rolls, but less than Bombs.|
|Sticky Dynamite||250||Very slow||7||Sticks to tiles on contact, allowing more precise control.|
|Bouncy Dynamite||250||Very slow||7||Bounces off surfaces, making control more difficult.|
|Holy Hand Grenade||600||Very Slow||15||Deals the highest amount of base damage a player can deal in one hit.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There are several weapons which cause an explosion upon impact, e.g. Grenades. However, these deal ranged / throwing damage and are thus not considered part of the Explosives class.
- Despite not being part of the Explosives class, any type of Grenades, including Beenades, fulfills one of the requirements needed for the Demolitionist to arrive.
- When fired from certain launchers, Rockets of types II and IV destroy blocks within their radius. However, Rockets are considered ammunition.
- A maximum of 400 loose items can be spawned at any given time, regardless of whether they are stacked. If more than 400 loose items are created as a result of destruction with explosives, some of them will be lost.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed a bug where Sticky Bombs and Dynamite didn't properly stick to blocks.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Added the Scarab Bomb.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Added Bouncy Bomb, Sticky Dynamite, Bouncy Dynamite, and Bomb Fish.
- Desktop 1.0.2: Added the Sticky Bomb.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced Bomb and Dynamite.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Added Bouncy Bomb, Sticky Dynamite, Bouncy Dynamite, and Bomb Fish. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Added Bouncy Bomb, Sticky Dynamite, Bouncy Dynamite, and Bomb Fish. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced Bomb, Sticky Bomb, and Dynamite.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced Bomb, Sticky Bomb, Dynamite, Bouncy Bomb, Sticky Dynamite, Bouncy Dynamite, and Bomb Fish.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52:
- Removed the Holy Hand Grenade (each replaced with 5 Dynamite).
- Added Bouncy Bomb, Sticky Dynamite, Bouncy Dynamite, and Bomb Fish.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Made the Holy Hand Grenade obtainable.
- Mobile 1.1.933: Added the Holy Hand Grenade, but unobtainable.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced Bomb, Sticky Bomb, and Dynamite.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced Bomb, Sticky Bomb, Dynamite, and Holy Hand Grenade.