|Dimensions||3 wide × 3 high|
|Use time||14 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Turns silt/slush/fossils into something more useful|
'To use: Place silt/slush/fossils in the extractinator'
The Extractinator is an item that turns Silt, Slush and Desert Fossils into more valuable items such as Ores, Coins, and Gems. It can be found rarely in Gold Chests and Wooden Crates and occasionally in Ice Chests (each Ice Chest has approximately a 5% chance of containing one). Another way to obtain it is to locate one standing in Underground Cabins within the Underground Desert. To use the Extractinator, first place it in the world, then place appropriate blocks directly on the Extractinator within its 3×3 frame.
Possible items[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The world-generated ores appear with equal chances as their alternates, e.g. the Extractinator produces an equal chance of Gold Ore and Platinum Ore, no matter which is found underground in that world.
- The Extractinator will not provide Hardmode ores even if the world is in Hardmode. It will not produce high-tier pre-hardmode ores such as Demonite, either.
- There is a chance to gain any of the 4 coin types: Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum. For each type, from 1-104 can be dropped with varying odds. Copper appears more frequently than Silver, Silver appears much more frequently than Gold, and Platinum is extremely rare.
- A full stack of 999 silt or slush blocks yields a fair collection of loot. If sold off, it can yield an average of about 55 , with about a 1 in 8 chance of a platinum jackpot.
- The chance at a pet dinosaur comes out to 1 35 .
- The ores are worth 8 44 .
- The gems would be salable for 4 68 "as is", but bring 20 84 when mostly converted to Stained Glass.
- The coins average a total of 38 30 , but there's a trick here: Almost half of that comes from the chance of getting platinum! It's better to think of this as averaging 20 , with some chance of a jackpot.
- If processing Desert Fossils instead, the resulting Sturdy Fossils can be turned into Bone Throwing Knives and sold for 3 60 .
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Brick Layer and Architect Gizmo Pack are useful for processing silt, slush and fossils more quickly.
- If processing a large quantity of silt, slush, or fossils, it may be helpful to clear out inventory space so items are not deposited on the ground.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When moused over on the map, its name appears as "Silt Extractinator".
History[edit | edit source]
- Can now be found in fishing crates.
- Can now process Desert Fossils.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Now only consumes one silt/slush block. Instead of consuming 2 blocks, extractinating has a chance of giving a smaller amount of money.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.