|Damage||25 / 50 (44)|
|Max Life||70 / 140 (154)|
|KB Resist||60% / 64|
|Internal NPC ID: 181|
The Face Monster is an enemy that can be found in the Crimson. Like other Crimson monsters, they drop Vertebrae fairly often. New players should be cautious around the Face Monster, as while it appears to be similar to the common Zombie, it is considerably more resistant to knockback, being able to hit a player even while being repeatedly attacked with most starting weapons. Unlike zombies, however, they will not despawn during daytime.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is immune to the Poisoned and Venom debuffs.
- Spears or any weapon with good knockback and range works well against Face Monsters.
- It is able to open doors regardless of whether there is currently a Blood Moon or not.
- Even though it appears to be 4 tiles tall, it can fit through 3 tile spaces.
- There is no corruption counterpart for this enemy, unlike the Crimera, which has the Eater of Souls as its counterpart.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Face Monster's legs seem to erroneously move backwards (the wrong direction) and flicker to their jumping animation.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- 1.2.3: Now has new sound effects originally unimplemented.
- 126.96.36.199: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- 1.2: Introduced.