|Coins|200*2Pre-Hardmode: 500*5Hardmode: 400*4
The Face Monster is an enemy that can be found in the Crimson. Like other Crimson enemies, it drops Vertebrae fairly often. New players should be cautious around it, as while it appears to be similar to the common Zombie, it is considerably more resistant to knockback, being able to do damage to a player even while being repeatedly attacked with most starting weapons. Unlike Zombies, however, Face Monsters will not despawn during daytime.
- The Face Monster is able to open doors regardless of whether there is currently a Blood Moon or not.
- Even though it appears to be 4 tiles tall, it can fit through 3-tile spaces.
- Spears or any weapon with good knockback and range works well against Face Monsters.
- There is no Corruption counterpart for this enemy, unlike the Crimera, which has the Eater of Souls as its counterpart.
- – According to the official game lore, the Face Monster once was a worshipper and/or sacrifice to the Crimson, raising it to the level of deity and giving it human sacrifices, which it accepted, turning them to mindless, loyal servants of the hivemind.
- The Bestiary entry for the Face Monster: "It would be unwise to face off with one of these unfeeling, hungry mutations. Their mouths are large enough to devour all things."
- Desktop 1.2.3: Now has new sound effects originally unimplemented.