- Internal NPC ID: 583 (Pink), 584 (Green), 585 (Blue)
The Pink Fairy, Green Fairy, and Blue Fairy are peaceful Critters found in the Surface layer or below which will attempt to lead the player to valuable treasures which include Crystal hearts, chest, life fruits, and Ore deposits. Fairies will only spawn if at least one Fallen Log has been left in the world without being destroyed, otherwise they will no longer spawn independently. The three Fairy variants all function identically.
When a fairy spawns underground (or a captured fairy is 'consumed' while underground), they will fly to and follow the player for quite a while. If they are within range of a treasure, they will briefly circle the player, emitting a soft chiming noise, then head in the direction of the treasure. They keep a certain distance from the player in order to encourage being followed. Once the fairy reaches the loot it is leading the player to, it will circle it briefly, then disappear in a burst of glowing glitter which illuminates the area for a few seconds before dying out.
After 5 minutes, if the fairy has not led the player to a treasure and vanished, it will fly off.
On the Surface, Fairies can sometimes spawn near Fallen Logs, and can then be caught with a Bug Net. These fairies will not try to lead players to treasure; instead, when approached, they try to flee much like birds.
Fairies found underground, which lead players to the treasure, cannot be caught or hurt.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Treasure detected[edit | edit source]
Fairies may lead players to several different types of loot:
- Chests (including already-opened Chests, empty Chests, and player-placed Chests).
- Trapped Chests
- Dead Man's Chests
- Life Crystals
- Life Fruit
- Some Ores, in concentrations of at least 40 within a 7x7 square, specifically:
- Strange Plants
If there is no such loot in the vicinity, a Fairy will follow the player until it detects one, or until 5 minutes passes and the fairy just flies off.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Releasing a captured fairy will cause it to act like a fairy found underground; it will begin following the player and signal them once it detects treasure. Note that this means any released fairies cannot be captured again. This can be useful for locating chests anywhere in the world, especially if used in conjunction with a Metal Detector.
- It may be useful to destroy any chests that are looted, as previously opened chests can be located by fairies, therefore wasting any fairy that happens to find the player.
- Since Fallen Logs are the reason fairies spawn, it is unwise to destroy one.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tooltip for fairies, 'Hey! Listen!', is a quote from Navi, a Fairy character from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- These smaller fairies bear a strong resemblance to those summoned by the Fairy Bell, albeit much smaller in size.
- The Bestiary entry for the Fairies: "Glowing winged humanoid creatures the size of a butterfly. Attuned to the world around them, they excel at finding shiny things."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]