The Fairy Bell is a Hardmode Light Pet summoning item that summons a glowing creature resembling a Pixie, which follows the player and provides light for an infinite duration. The summoned Fairy is either pink, green or blue, the color of which changes randomly each time the player clicks while holding the item.
The Fairy is faster and brighter than the Shadow Orb and Crimson Heart, but not as fast or bright as the Wisp in a Bottle.
| Desktop version and Console version
|| Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and 3DS version
- The spawned Fairy will keep up with walking players, but not players who are falling or using speed-inducing accessories.
- Like the Pixie, the fairy summoned by the Fairy Bell is similar to fairies in the Legend of Zelda series, in which fairies are spheres of colored light with wings. The three colors the fairy can appear as (red, green, or blue) is also a common theme in the Zelda series, with the colors representing the goddesses Din, Farore, and Nayru respectively.
- Despite the fairy buff displaying a yellow fairy and the pixie Enemy on which it is based is yellow, the fairy pet itself never is.
- Right-click cancelling the buff appears to behave strangely. Sometimes it will "reset" the buff, resummoning the fairy and choosing a new color, and sometimes it will remove the buff as usual. It is uncertain as to why this happens.
- Using Orange Dye on the Fairy Bell will make it resemble a Pixie.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Fixed bug where you could have Fairy Bell and other light pets up simultaneously.
- Fixed the Fairy Bell buff from breaking Quick Buff.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed bug where Fairy Bell would not sync properly in multiplayer. Fixed bug where Fairy Bell fairy color would not save / load.
- Desktop 1.2:
- No longer requires Gold Bars to craft.
- No longer requires mana.
- Duration made infinite until dismissed directly by player by right-clicking on Fairy icon under toolbar.