|Buff tooltip||Press UP or DOWN to control speed of descent|
The Featherfall Potion is a buff potion which grants the Featherfall buff when consumed. The buff slows the player's fall speed and gives a bit of control of gravity to the player, allowing them to jump higher than normal. This lasts for 5 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu ( ), by double-tapping the buff icon (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen ().
The player can hold the ▼ Down key to fall like normal in case of a rush, and the player can also hold the ▲ Up key to slow their fall even further or jump ridiculous heights. While under the effects of both Featherfall Potion and Gravitation Potion, holding the ▲ Up key will make the player fall up at normal speed. The player will fall up at a slowed speed when holding no direction.
The effects of the Featherfall Potion can also be used to jump higher. By holding ▲ Up, grappling a platform above you, and releasing the grapple before it is complete, one may achieve jumping heights of several hundred blocks.
Fall damage is also negated, even when falling normally. It is worth noting that the Featherfall Potion also increases the distance players are knocked back when hit by an attack.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This potion and the Djinn's Curse are the only items that can prevent fall damage whilst the Stoned debuff is active. Therefore, it is wise for Expert mode players to stock up on Featherfall Potions before entering the Caverns.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.