|Use time||8 (Insanely fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 3013
Their best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This weapon only receives 25% of any melee speed bonus.
- The Fetid Baghnakhs are tied with the Psycho Knife for fastest melee weapon in the game. However, given the Baghnakhs' 75% melee speed bonus reduction compared to the Psycho Knife's 66% speed reduction, the Psycho Knife is capable of reaching higher speeds.
- The Fetid Baghnakhs are the fastest melee weapon in the game.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Fetid Baghnakhs can be considered an upgrade to the pre-Hardmode Bladed Gloves, considering the similar exceptional speed and short range.
- With melee damage-increasing accessories and armor, this item can reach 3000+ DPS. When attacking enemies with multiple segments, such as worms, even 6000+ DPS is possible.
- Various speed modifiers can reach 30 swings per second (3000–4000 DPS) with 51% attack speed, or 60 attacks per second (7000–10000 DPS) at 101% attack speed. Stacked accessories with the Violent modifier can push its swing animation down to a single frame.
- The Light modifier will increase speed by another 19%. The -14% knockback will not matter somewhat because of the short range.
- The Baghnakhs' lack of range generally means risking high damage, especially against more resilient enemies. Therefore, it is recommended to have increased invulnerability time (e.g. using a Cross Necklace) and be immune to knockback (using a shield) when using them.
- Size-increasing modifiers like Large, Massive, Dangerous, and Legendary can make up for the short range.
- Given enough defense and high speed, the Fetid Baghnakhs prove useful for many boss fights like against Plantera and Golem, and most notably The Destroyer.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bagh nakhs are clawed weapons from India designed to be easily concealed, hence the weapon's small size. 'Bagh' means 'Tiger' in Hindi and 'Nakh's means 'Nail's in Marathi.
- The most well-known usage of the weapon was by the first Maratha emperor Shivaji who used a bichuwa and bagh nakh to defeat the Bijapur general Afzal Khan in the year 1659 CE.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Damage decreased from 70 to 60.
- Use Time increased from 7 to 8.
- Now only gains 25% benefit from increased melee speed stats.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.