|AI Type||Caster AI|
|Damage||30 / 60 (54)|
|Max Life||70 / 140 (154)|
|KB Resist||50% / 55%|
|Debuff duration||7 seconds / 14 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- ???% (presumably 0.2%)
- Internal NPC ID: 24
The Fire Imp is a Caster enemy found only in the The Underworld. It fires Burning Spheres, which travel through blocks and inflict the On Fire! debuff. The Burning Spheres can easily be destroyed by hitting them with another weapon or minion.
The Fire Imp will pause for a few seconds after firing 3 times, offering a good opportunity for attack, then teleport to another location nearby. It will also pause if it gets hit. It will follow you by teleporting if you try to flee (unless you teleport away with a Magic Mirror, reach a depth of zero feet, or die).
A good way to fight an out-of-reach Fire Imp is with the Imp Staff (crafted from Hellstone Bars). Just click on the enemy Fire Imp and your own Imp will appear next to the enemy and start attacking it. An Imp Staff may well be your most urgent acquisition from Hellstone, since it makes mining for Hellstone Ore much easier.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Fire Imps are immune to lava, the On Fire!, and the Cursed Inferno debuff.
- Fire Imps require a target space of at least four vertical air spaces and three horizontal air spaces to teleport into a location. Despite this, they only need three vertical air spaces and two horizontal ones to spawn.
- Despite seeming adorable, the Imp Face painting shows otherwise.
- Fire Imps could originally drop a Green Cap in the Mobile Version. This is no longer the case, since an unknown update.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Now has a chance to drop its respective banner.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- A longer delay was added between the 3-shot volley and the next teleport.
- Fire Imps are no longer damaged by lava.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Can now drop the Plumber's Hat.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.