Fireblossom is a type of Herb which appears as a small, magma-colored flower. It grows on Ash Blocks in the Underworld and can be cut with virtually any weapon or tool. You can also plant it in Clay Pots, Planter Boxes, or on Ash Blocks using Fireblossom Seeds.
Fireblossoms will bloom when the sun is setting, from 3:45 PM to 7:30 PM, unless it's raining.
Fireblossoms require that they are at least partially submerged in lava to bloom, but will bloom any time of day once they are submerged. A blooming Fireblossom will take on an appearance like the one in the adjacent picture, and will also shoot a stream of sparks into the air.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Fireblossom will naturally grow on any Ash block, not just in the Underworld. If you place Ash Blocks anywhere in the world, there is a chance wild Fireblossoms will sprout.
- Fireblossom glows brightly and appears its normal color if it's in brighter light. However, it will appear greenish and will glow very softly in darkness.Verify
- The Fireblossom item as well as Fireblossom Seeds are naturally immune to Lava.
- Fireblossom will not bloom if the weather is rainy, regardless of the time of day.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed fireblossoms not fiercely glowing when in bloom.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Now blooms during sunset. No longer blooms while submerged in lava.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed a bug where the map was drawing Fireblossom incorrectly.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Spawn rate increased.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.