is a type of Herb
which appears as a small, magma-colored flower. It grows on Ash Blocks
in the Underworld
and can be cut with virtually any weapon or tool. You can also plant it in Clay Pots
, on Planter Boxes
, or on Ash Blocks using Fireblossom Seeds
Fireblossoms will bloom when the sun is setting, from 3:45 PM to 7:30 PM, unless it's raining.
Fireblossoms require that they are at least partially submerged in lava to bloom, but will bloom any time of day once they are submerged. A blooming Fireblossom will take on an appearance like the one in the adjacent picture, and will also shoot a stream of sparks into the air.
- Fireblossom will naturally grow on any Ash block, not just in the Underworld. If you place Ash Blocks anywhere in the world, there is a chance wild Fireblossoms will sprout.
- Fireblossom glows brightly and appears its normal color if it's in brighter light. However, it will appear greenish and will glow very softly in darkness.Verify
- The Fireblossom item as well as Fireblossom Seeds are naturally immune to Lava.
- Fireblossom will not bloom if the weather is rainy, regardless of the time of day.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Now blooms during sunset. No longer blooms while submerged in lava.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed a bug where the map was drawing Fireblossom incorrectly.