|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Your summons will focus struck enemies|
Strike enemies with blazing energy
Blazing energy explodes from enemies hit by summons
When a minion attacks an enemy marked by the Firecracker, a small explosion will occur, and the enemy takes three times the damage from the minion's attack. The explosion will not repeat itself until the enemy is struck again. The explosion does not damage multiple enemies.
Its best modifier is either Sluggish for maximum range, Bulky for a mix between damage and range, or Legendary for maximum damage output at the cost of range.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It pairs extremely well with other Whips that temporarily increase melee speed on hit, such as Snapthorn and Durendal, as higher attack speed means it can reapply its tag more often.
- This weapon produces light when swung, making it somewhat helpful in revealing caves and ores through walls.
- Because this weapon's effect multiplies damage dealt instead of giving an additive tag damage increase, it works best with minions that have a high base damage. It is particularly effective when paired with the Desert Tiger Staff or the Stardust Dragon Staff, due to their unique ability to increase minion damage based on the number of slots invested in them.
- On the contrary, minions that hit rapidly with low base damage such as Blade Staff and Xeno Staff pair poorly with this Whip.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- With attack speed buffs and Titan Glove upgrades, this Whip can achieve very high DPS with most minions. However, its relatively low range and Summoner's poor defense make it unreliable as a main weapon for general use.
- Due to its unique tag multiplier effect, the Whip can remain viable even after Moon Lord has been defeated.
- Like the Cool Whip and Dark Harvest, the Firecracker forgoes summon tag damage for a on-hit special effect. This results in it being more effective as a direct weapon, but prevents it from enhancing minion damage.
- The Firecracker's explosion effect cannot be triggered on enemies that are immune to all debuffs, such as The Destroyer and the Flying Dutchman.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.