We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Type||Bait – Crafting material|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Sell|| 3 |
|Internal Item ID: 1992|
|AI Type||Firefly AI|
|Internal NPC ID: 355|
The Firefly is a critter that gives off a tiny amount of light. Fireflies have only 5 health, and can be damaged by other mobs including the player, which almost always results in their instant death.
Fireflies will spawn anywhere on the surface at night, except inside houses. They can be caught with a Bug Net to be carried around and released later, or put in a bottle to be used as furniture and a light source. The bottled firefly is animated and moves around inside, and cannot be released once crafted.
Fireflies can be used as bait, having a 20% bait power value.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Very useful for beginning players to use as their go-to bait for fishing, due to the large amount that can be caught per night (given that players do not die or start late).
- Between 30-50 Fireflies can be farmed within a night, with aid of wings and patience. With a Water Candle to boost spawn rates, 100+ can be farmed in a single night.
- The spawn rate of the fireflies is randomly determined at the beginning of the night. Therefore on some nights you will see massive swarms and on other nights very few will spawn. Butterflies spawn rates are determined in relatively the same way only the chance for that day is determined at the beginning of the day.
- They may spawn in huge amounts if the two factors above (correct moon phase and high random daily spawn rate) coincide. Literally hundreds of them can then be farmed in the time of a night.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Firefly Statues.
- 220.127.116.11: Rarity changed to level 2.
- 1.2.4: Can now be used as bait.
- 1.2.3: Introduced.