The Firefly is a critter that gives off a tiny amount of light. Fireflies have only 5 health, and can be damaged by other enemies and the player, which almost always results in their instant death.
Fireflies will spawn anywhere on the surface at night, except inside houses. They can be caught with a Bug Net to be carried around and released later, or put in a bottle to be used as furniture and a light source. The bottled firefly is animated and moves around inside, and cannot be released once crafted.
Fireflies can be used as bait, having a 20% bait power value.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Firefly in a Bottle||By Hand|
|Firefly Statue ()||Heavy Work Bench|
|Firefly Statue ( )||Heavy Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like Lavaflies, Fireflies are difficult to see at night at high resolutions, appearing as a blinking speck on the screen.
- The Bestiary entry for the Firefly: "Appears at night in calm locations, illuminating the sky with strobing green light. Fish are fairly attracted to these."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Firefly Statues.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Rarity changed from White to Blue.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Can now be used as bait.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Rarity changed from White to Blue. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Rarity changed from White to Blue. ()
- Console 1.07: Can now be used as bait.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced with the ability to use it as bait.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with the ability to use it as bait.