Firework Rockets are consumable Hardmode mechanisms that produce colorful effects. Once placed, a Rocket can be activated via wire or by right-clicking on the Rocket directly, which causes it to launch upwards and explode into a colorful effect. Each Firework Rocket can only be used once. They are purchased from the Party Girl during Hardmode for 15 each.
Although their effect is primarily visual, Firework Rockets also deal 150 damage, though they only fire directly upward and players are not harmed.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Firework Rockets explode on contact with blocks, or when they reach about 50 feet (25 tiles) in the air.
- Their explosions are roughly twice the size of those produced by the Fireworks Box.
- Despite their name, they cannot serve as ammunition for the Rocket Launcher.
- Although they deal a lot of damage to bosses if used in large amounts, one will need to drag the boss over the location with the fireworks and keep him stable, which can be a challenge, especially if the boss dashes or teleports.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fireworks now show the wiring layout when selected.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprites updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprites updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.07: Fireworks now show the wiring layout when selected.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Fireworks now show the wiring layout when selected.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.