|Use time||35 (Slow)|
- First Fractal
The First Fractal is a melee weapon resembling the Terra Blade that only exists in Terraria's code. It was originally supposed to be the new ultimate end-game sword, but the concept was discarded during development. Its place is now taken by Zenith, though this version is still in the game.
Using the weapon summons projectiles that resemble copies of the player (with all dyes removed) holding one of 15 different sprite variations of the sword in a flying barrage of attacks that follow the cursor. When there are enemies nearby, the weapon automatically targets them.
It cannot be reforged in-game. Using inventory editors, its best modifier is Unreal, since size bonuses have no impact on the projectile.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the First Fractal is added to a character's inventory/research menu using inventory editors or otherwise, it will disappear. This can be prevented by overriding Terraria's automatic removal of deprecated items, in which case it can be used normally on both single player and multiplayer. If then deposited into a storage item or thrown onto the ground, it disappears.
- The lack of dyes on the projectile character is due to the lack of support for weapon dyes, which were likely not re-implemented before the weapon was scrapped.
- The character does not swing the sword. Rather, the character's hand moves as if it were using a yoyo or similar animated projectile weapon.
- The auto-target range of the First Fractal is 30 tiles.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The First Fractal was originally described as "making the Terra Blade stronger"Verify, but it was quickly rejected and replaced with the Zenith. The concept itself was also given to the Zenith as the Terra Blade is a crafting material for it.
- Its statistics are near-identical to Zenith, the only exception being use time (Zenith has 30 where First Fractal has 35).
- The First Fractal's name is similar to one of the code names used for Zenith during development, Final Fractal.
- According to Re-Logic, the weapon was not made obtainable because "it wasn't ready yet".
- The First Fractal's projectile has a variety of different appearances, which could be resprites for the weapon.
- It is one of the only few unobtainable items that can be researched in Journey Mode, another being the Bone Block.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced, but unobtainable.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Introduced, but unobtainable.
References[edit | edit source]