|Use time||35 (Slow)|
- First Fractal
The First Fractal is an unobtainable melee weapon that was originally supposed to be the new endgame sword for 220.127.116.11, but the concept was discarded during development. Its place is now taken by Zenith, though this item is still in Terraria's code. It strongly resembles the Terra Blade.
Using the weapon summons projectiles that resemble copies of the player (with all dyes removed) holding one of 15 different sprite variations of the sword in a flying barrage of attacks that follow the cursor. When there are enemies nearby, the weapon automatically targets them.
It cannot be reforged in-game. Using inventory editors, its best modifier is Unreal, since size bonuses have no impact on the projectile.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the First Fractal is added to a character's inventory/research menu using inventory editors or similar methods, it will disappear. This can be prevented by overriding Terraria's automatic removal of deprecated items, in which case it can be used normally on both single player and multiplayer. If then deposited into a storage item or thrown onto the ground, it disappears.
- The lack of dyes on the projectile character is due to the lack of support for weapon dyes, which were likely not re-implemented before the weapon was scrapped.
- The auto-target range of the First Fractal is 30 tiles.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to Re-Logic, the First Fractal was not made obtainable because "it wasn't ready yet". Yoraiz0r stated that "as a melee weapon it did not feel melee, endgame, or clean enough. The player silhouettes ended up being confusing to some because they're dependent on the player's looks, and there was not a good enough clear line of action."
- Its statistics are near-identical to Zenith, the only exception being use time: The Zenith has a use time of 30, while the First Fractal has a use time of 35.
- The character does not swing the sword. Rather, the character's hand moves as if it were using a yoyo or similar animated projectile weapon.
- The First Fractal's name is similar to one of the code names used for the Zenith during development, Final Fractal.
- It is one of the only few unobtainable items that can be researched in Journey Mode, another being the Bone Block.
- First Fractal was also a name for a discarded weapon concept that was developed for 18.104.22.168. The weapon would have been a sword counterpart to the Last Prism.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced, but unobtainable.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced, but unobtainable.
References[edit | edit source]