The Fish Bowl, and the Gold Fish Bowl are items that double as decorative furniture and as worn items that can be equipped in the player's Helmet slot.
Fish bowls cause only visual effects when placed in the helmet vanity slot. When instead placed in the functional head armor slot, the breath meter appears as if the player were underwater, and if worn long enough the player will drown and die. Breathing aids like the Breathing Reed or Gills Potion will allow for normal breathing when wearing the bowl.
The only one that cannot be used as vanity is the Pupfish Bowl .
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Wearing a Fish Bowl no longer activate the Merfolk buff prior to 1.4.
- When placed, attempting to destroy a Fish Bowl with a pickaxe or drill will not drop it, so it cannot be recovered once placed. However, it is possible to retrieve it by breaking the blocks beneath it.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Fish Bowl sells for
2000*20, while its components only net 754*754 in total when sold ( 1246*1246 / 62.3% less).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Fish Bowls will not turn red during a Blood Moon.
- The Gold Fish Bowl's tooltip is a reference to the ambiguous name which could either mean a fish bowl which is gold, or a bowl containing a gold fish.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced Gold Fish Bowl and Pupfish Bowl.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Can now be placed.
- Sprite updated.
- Now only requires 1 Goldfish, down from 2.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.