|Type||Accessory – Informational|
|Tooltip||Displays weather, moon phase, and fishing information|
- Internal Item ID: 3036
The Fish Finder is an informational accessory that provides the information displayed by the Fisherman's Pocket Guide, which displays the player's current fishing power, Weather Radio, which displays the current weather, and Sextant, which displays the moon's current phase, all of which are acquired randomly by completing quests for the Angler. The information is displayed as long as it is in the player's inventory or equipped as an accessory but not as a social accessory.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- On Desktop platforms, "save-scumming" can be used to force getting a particular item without having to play through multiple quests.
- To save-scum, you first must be able to exit the game without saving, which usually means ending ("killing") the game program "from outside", rather than with its own "Save & Exit" option. In current versions, the window-close button will be grayed out, but you can still use the Task Manager or Alt-F4 to kill the program.
- To save-scum for a fishing quest, set up the character with the quest fish in inventory, and the Angler near the spawn point. Then Save & Exit the game, rejoin, and turn off autosave. Now begin the loop: Turn in the quest, and if you don't get the desired item, exit Terraria without saving and rejoin, then turn in the quest fish again. Repeat as needed until you get the desired item.
- If the current quest has a guaranteed reward (e.g., the 5th quest), you will get multiple copies of that item, instead of multiple tries at a random reward. Just save the game after the quest is awarded, play through to the next quest and try again.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item closely resembles the Dragon Radar from the Dragonball series.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()